Author Topic: Biden's broken promises on Afghanistan one year after Taliban takeover  (Read 164 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden's broken promises on Afghanistan one year after Taliban takeover
President Biden has hurt our ability to protect the homeland and promote human rights
Joni Ernst By Joni Ernst | Fox News

Senator Joni Ernst, R-IA, discusses Taliban leaders and the Biden administration's response in Afghanistan on 'The Story'

In the days and weeks following the Taliban’s takeover of Kabul last August, I heard from veterans across the country questioning their service over the previous two decades and there was outrage from military families who had lost loved ones in the Global War on Terror. I also received thousands of pieces of mail from everyday Americans fearing what may come from the fallout.

In an attempt to soothe a worried nation, President Biden made promise after promise.

First, he promised that American troops would not leave Afghanistan until every single American who wanted to depart was evacuated. Both President Biden and members of his Cabinet assured us there were only roughly 100 Americans who wanted out of the country. And yet recent reports show that 800 Americans have been evacuated since August 2021. There’s no way around it – President Biden broke his promise to the Americans who were left behind, and to those who still remain.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bidens-broken-promises-afghanistan-one-year-taliban-takeover
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:19:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson