Author Topic: Grassley Vows to Take Back the Senate, Says McConnell Was Just Trying to 'Wake People Up' With His G  (Read 513 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley Vows to Take Back the Senate, Says McConnell Was Just Trying to 'Wake People Up' With His Glum Comments
By Bob Hoge | Aug 19, 2022 10:30 PM ET

Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa told Fox News on Friday that Mitch McConnell’s glum warning about the GOP’s Senate prospects in the midterms were an effort “to wake people up.” The Kentucky Republican Senator had said on Thursday, “I think there’s probably a greater likelihood the House flips than the Senate. Senate races are just different. They’re statewide. Candidate quality has a lot to do with the outcome.”

Many interpreted this as the minority leader attempting to downplay expectations, and were not pleased:

https://twitter.com/MZHemingway/status/1560687988924874753

But Grassley painted a rosier picture as he attended the Iowa State Fair:

We are going to take back the majority because of the fact that the president’s approval rating is under 40 [percent] and all these problems with the economy, people’s pocket books are being robbed every day because of Biden inflation.

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/08/19/grassley-vows-to-take-back-the-senate-says-mcconnell-was-just-trying-to-wake-people-up-with-his-glum-comments-n614844
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The problem is Mitch. He doesn't want those candidates to win because they won't be supporters of his speakership, and he doesn't like his job in jeopardy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Example where a 90 year old has more passion and energy for the job than the slug Turtle.

Resign you son of a bitch!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

Repealing the seventeenth amendment would go a long way towards getting us back to constitutional government. What was congress thinking?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
 :beer:
Example where a 90 year old has more passion and energy for the job than the slug Turtle.

Resign you son of a bitch!!!!!!

Ditto.  :patriot: :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
McTurtle trying to wake people up? Horse manure, more like trying to depress the conservative vote by sowing apathy.