Author Topic: Cardinal Dolan meets with asylum seekers arriving in New York City on buses from Texas  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cardinal Dolan meets with asylum seekers arriving in New York City on buses from Texas
WABC - 57m ago

As more asylum seekers arrive in New York City on buses from Texas, Cardinal Timothy Dolan met with migrant families Tuesday.

It comes as Mayor Eric Adams continues to make clear that he will not turn them away.

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York says more than 1,500 migrants have shown up their doors just in the last six weeks alone, and they -- along with the city -- are helping with things like food, places to stay, legal help and health care.

"These just aren't cases, these just aren't problems, these just aren't statistics, these are not just refugees and asylum seekers in the plural," Dolan said. "These are people with names, and with dads and moms."

Catholic Charities is facing an unprecedented influx in asylum seekers, and Dolan expressed the magnitude of the situation following the meeting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cardinal-dolan-to-meet-with-asylum-seekers-arriving-on-buses-from-texas/ar-AA10ItAz
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Let him call the Pope to pony up the money for all the illegals, and we'll see how much God wants to intervene. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

"These just aren't cases, these just aren't problems, these just aren't statistics, these are not just refugees and asylum seekers in the plural," Dolan said. "These are people with names, and with dads and moms." AND WITH THE ABILITY TO DONATE TO THE CHURCH'S DONATION BOX.

Gosh Has the good Cardinal ever expressed tis sentiment for American's, you know veterans and others that are homeless? What makes these people flooding illegally across our borders our problem?