Author Topic: SUNSPOT ‘AR3078’ GROWS, POSING X-FLARE RISK; + CHINA’S YANGTZE RIVER HITS RECORD LOW LEVEL, THREATEN  (Read 313 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SUNSPOT ‘AR3078’ GROWS, POSING X-FLARE RISK; + CHINA’S YANGTZE RIVER HITS RECORD LOW LEVEL, THREATENING CROPS AND FAMINE
AUGUST 16, 2022 CAP ALLON

SUNSPOT ‘AR3078’ GROWS, POSING X-FLARE RISK

Growing sunspot ‘AR3078’ has developed a delta-class magnetic field, reports Aimee Norton, a senior research scientist at Stanford’s Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory, who created this magnetic map of the sunspot using data from NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory:

The map shows opposite polarities jostling together–an explosive mix that could trigger strong (even X-class) solar flares, explains Dr Tony Philips over at spaceweather.com.

Indeed, ‘AR3078’ is crackling with activity:

https://electroverse.co/sunspot-ar3078-x-flare-risk-chinas-yangtze-record-low-threatening-crops-famine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
One of my biggest "real" fears is the world could experience what is a "Carrington" Solar Flare event.  Last one was in 1859, and it fried some of what then was the one single electronic system in use at the time. (Telegraphs).  I have read that this may be what they think is a once in a century event.

Here is the wiki article describing the event....   Well worth a read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrington_Event

If this would happen now, it would be catastrophic.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, like any other day, we are doomed?

Would such an event fry photo-voltaic solar panels?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
So, like any other day, we are doomed?

Would such an event fry photo-voltaic solar panels?

Not totally sure, but understand our utility and electronics grid would be in peril.  Like you, I poo poo 99% of the other doom and gloom asteroid scare tactics we see.  This one OTOH, does have merit of concern.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.