Author Topic: No Soldiers Have Been Moved Yet from Condemned, Moldy Fort Bragg Barracks  (Read 269 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No Soldiers Have Been Moved Yet from Condemned, Moldy Fort Bragg Barracks
11 Aug 2022
Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin

More than a thousand soldiers will be stuck in moldy barracks for weeks as officials at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, begin "assessing locations and options" for them after last week's inspection by Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston found the buildings to be unlivable.

Cheryle Rivas, a spokeswoman for the post, said that no soldiers have been moved yet, but she emphasized that the Army hopes to start within the next 30 days.

"The priority is to relocate soldiers into other barracks rooms on the installation," Rivas said in an email to Military.com, before adding that the service is "currently in the process of accessing room availability."

The decision to evacuate the decades-old barracks came as a surprise last week, given that it appears the issues have been known about for years. The Army said the "10 to 12 barracks" that are impacted -- located in the Smoke Bomb Hill area at Fort Bragg -- were built in the 1970s and "do not meet today's HVAC standards."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/08/11/no-soldiers-have-been-moved-yet-condemned-moldy-fort-bragg-barracks.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
And they won't be moved until they can prove they know their pronouns! ****slapping ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We get theses reports of dangerous and unhealthy living quarters for our enlisted and their families every couple years or so and I can't recall a single follow up about the situations being addressed and corrected. The bidet administration and democrats would be screaming bloody murder if illegals were housed in the same conditions.