Author Topic: White House expected to name monkeypox coordinator  (Read 1356 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House expected to name monkeypox coordinator
« on: July 26, 2022, 05:09:23 pm »
 White House expected to name monkeypox coordinator

By Kaitlan Collins and Maegan Vazquez, CNN
Updated 5:52 PM EDT, Mon July 25, 2022

The White House is working on naming a monkeypox coordinator as they prepare for the possibility of more cases emerging within the United States.

Two sources familiar with the internal discussions told CNN that Biden officials are working on naming a coordinator, but they have not yet settled on an individual to help coordinate the federal government’s response to the outbreak.

The Washington Post first reported the internal discussions about a coordinator.

Efforts to name a coordinator comes two months after the US’ first monkeypox case was confirmed. Now, the total number of cases in the US has risen to about 2,900.

Dr. Ashish Jha, the White House Covid coordinator, told reporters during Monday’s White House press briefing that more cases may pop up as testing becomes more easily available.

Jha said the US has ramped up testing access since early cases of monkeypox emerged – going from capacity for 6,000 tests per week to 80,000 tests per week. And he told CNN during the White House press briefing that he does not believe lower monkeypox testing capacity early on was a major limitation, but that one of the challenges was making it easier for providers to order a test.

But he also underscored that as more testing options come online, he “would not be surprised if we see an increase in cases as testing becomes more robust.”

“That’s a very normal part of any outbreak response … that as testing ramps up, you tend to see an increase in cases because people can identify it,” he continued.

Over the weekend, the World Health Organization declared monkeypox a public health emergency of international concern.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/politics/monkeypox-coordinator-white-house/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: White House expected to name monkeypox coordinator
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 05:33:56 pm »
They've ramped up testing so will they ramp up a vaccine?  I'm predicting that they will announce that this is more transmissible then they thought and people will need yet another vaccine and boosters just like for COVID.

Hopefully people will realize that the gov't isn't here to help and won't buy into yet another fear factor.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 05:35:07 pm »
Great.  I hate him already.
 *****rollingeyes*****
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 05:36:59 pm »
What's he going to coordinate?  Which homos get to sleep together?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 08:51:10 pm »
Anyone except Peter Gabriel is unacceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnVf1ZoCJSo
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 08:52:29 pm by WhatWouldReaganDo »
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 09:34:40 pm »
Anyone except Peter Gabriel is unacceptable.

Or Trent Reznor....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 09:46:57 pm »
A prelude to another round of fascist controls being instituted.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 10:41:27 pm »
Over the weekend, the World Health Organization declared monkeypox a public health emergency of international concern.
Well, international homosexual concern, anyway.

One of my favorite gay conservative tweeters has had a few choice words today for the monkeypox crowd. Here's a sampling:
Chad Felix Greene
@chadfelixg
Just like HIV, monkeypox is remarkably easy to avoid.
If gay men in urban areas took a month off from anonymous sex - no sex with anyone you aren't already in a relationship with - and everyone with monkeypox got treated and quarantined, the outbreak would be over by Fall.

HIV wouldn't have entered the 90's as a threat in the US if gay men had prioritized preventing new infections rather than shouting at the government for allowing them to make bad choices with their health. Monkeypox is no different.
It's easily 90% in the hands of gay men.

Gay men have multiple free apps that allow them to see potential sex partners mere feet away at any given time. We have businesses open 24/7 specifically to allow a man to pay $20 and enter a private building filled with other men interested in sex.  It's our entire culture.

The only women who come close to the frequency of sexual encounters as gay men are street sex workers.

What doesn't seem to get through is that it doesn't require all gay men to live up to the stereotypes to cause the problem.  Enough gay men engage in wildly reckless sexual practices in densely packed circles to equate with pandemic spreading and mutation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 10:47:39 pm »
Given that we have a certified idiot in the WH,what are the odds of him picking a black person to head this up?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 12:11:30 am »
Given that we have a certified idiot in the WH,what are the odds of him picking a black person to head this up?

Juicy Smollett is available
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 02:22:13 pm »
Sounds like a perfect job for Buttgig.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 02:24:53 pm »
Well that's gonna be a real resume enhancer....  :silly:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 02:33:20 pm »
Sounds like a job for Kamala.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 03:07:41 pm »
Naah, these are the girls for the job.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 03:38:52 pm »
Naah, these are the girls for the job.

Just wondering, is "terrible fashion choices" one of the symptoms?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 03:40:11 pm »
Great.  I hate him already.
 *****rollingeyes*****

That's an almost-perfect comment.   :beer:

@Polly Ticks
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 04:02:15 pm »
Or this guy ...

@Aspiemama_107
A member of the LGBT community caught Monkeypox and wants to tell people they're not alone and they're not dirty if they catch it...
All I can think is...duuuude, why is it all over your chin?

https://twitter.com/Aspiemama_107/status/1552079989847126017
7:54 PM · Jul 26, 2022

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 04:05:54 pm »
Well, based on the location of the prominent sores we can know for a fact what anatomical male part he was sucking.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online berdie

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 07:52:30 pm »
Well that's gonna be a real resume enhancer....  :silly:

My thought as well!