Author Topic: Elon Musk asks court to reject Twitter’s request for speedy trial  (Read 386 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Lora Kolodny and Jonathan Vanian 7/15/2022

Key Points

•   Elon Musk wants time to prepare for a trial over his contentious effort to pull out of his agreement with Twitter, according to a filing in a Delaware chancery court by his attorneys.

•   Musk’s team says the trial should wait until next year, while after Twitter requested expedited treatment for a hearing as early as September 2022.

Elon Musk wants time to prepare for a trial over his contentious withdrawal from an agreement to buy Twitter for $44 billion, according to a filing in a Delaware chancery court by his attorneys on Friday.

Musk’s team says the trial should wait until next year, after Twitter had requested expedited treatment and a hearing as early as this September.

In their filing, an opposition to a motion filed earlier by Twitter, Musk’s attorneys alleged the company made a “sudden request for warp speed after two months of foot-dragging and obfuscation,” and said this was Twitter’s “latest tactic to shroud the truth about spam accounts.”

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/15/elon-musk-asks-court-to-reject-twitters-request-for-speedy-trial.html

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
Re: Elon Musk asks court to reject Twitter’s request for speedy trial
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 02:12:25 pm »
I imagine Elon has a pretty good legal team with his money. :cool:

I also hope and think they have pissed him off enough that enough data and evidence can be lined up to give some well deserving Twitter executives and employees some jail time.    Especially and if the SEC does its job.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.