Author Topic: With Few Able and Fewer Willing, U.S. Military Can’t Find Recruits  (Read 575 times)

rebewranger

With Few Able and Fewer Willing, U.S. Military Can’t Find Recruits
Dave Philipps - 2h ago

FOUNTAIN, Colo. — The local Army recruiting station was empty. The normally reliable recruiting grounds at the nearby Walmart were a bust. With the Army still thousands of soldiers short of its recruiting goal, the station commander, Sgt. First Class James Pulliam, dressed head to toe in camouflage, scanned a strip-mall parking lot for targets.

He spotted a young woman getting out of a car, and put on his best salesman smile.

“Hey, how’d you know I was going to be here today!” the sergeant said with an affable Carolina drawl, as if greeting an old friend. “I’m going to help put you in the Army!”

These are tough times for military recruiting. Almost across the board, the armed forces are experiencing large shortfalls in enlistments this year — a deficit of thousands of entry-level troops that is on pace to be worse than any since just after the Vietnam War. It threatens to throw a wrench into the military’s machinery, leaving critical jobs unfilled and some platoons with too few people to function.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/with-few-able-and-fewer-willing-u-s-military-can-t-find-recruits/ar-AAZzzJB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6e1705a9e8494741a0f5768bee41e91d
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:16:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: With Few Able and Fewer Willing, U.S. Military Can’t Find Recruits
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 08:09:56 pm »
Who can blame young people for not wanting to join the military these days?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 09:52:07 pm »
Well, they could always reinstate something called "the draft".
For women as well as men, this time around, eh...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 09:53:15 pm »
Well, they could always reinstate something called "the draft".
For women as well as men, this time around, eh...?

@Fishrrman

Well,if nothing else,that would sure be entertaining.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 10:26:42 pm »

:amen: Nobody wants to serve in the woke mess it has become now.  Yet one more thing the left has purposefully destroyed and the price we pay for allowing that to happen will be heavy indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 10:27:20 pm »
Went woke and then broke... Duh...

The left destroys everything it gets control of.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 10:51:26 pm »

I wouldn't recommend it. In civilian life if you 'disagree' or 'disobey', you can be fired. Fair enough.
In the military if you disagree or disobey you can wind up with severe and bizarre 'punishments' which can last for weeks or months.

Or you can even wind up in jail. The military is a compulsory environment. Where you are 'forced' to do what you are told, and to believe whatever Mrs. General Milley tells you to believe, from one day to the next.

Chaaarge Everybody! but try not to get mud on your shoes!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 10:54:50 pm »
Went woke and then broke... Duh...

The left destroys everything it gets control of.

@DB

Well,even though they will never admit it,that IS their goal. The must destroy the system in existence now in order to replaces it with the slavery of communism. Of course they won't call it Communism,but that IS what it will be.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 10:57:32 pm »
I wouldn't recommend it. In civilian life if you 'disagree' or 'disobey', you can be fired. Fair enough.
In the military if you disagree or disobey you can wind up with severe and bizarre 'punishments' which can last for weeks or months.

Or you can even wind up in jail. The military is a compulsory environment. Where you are 'forced' to do what you are told, and to believe whatever Mrs. General Milley tells you to believe, from one day to the next.

Chaaarge Everybody! but try not to get mud on your shoes!

@240B

Am I the only one that gets steamed when they see that multiple award CIB on his chest?

AFAIK,the SOB was always in staff positions anytime he was attached to an infantry unit,and never even served on a team in SF.

In other words,I SUSPECT they are administrative awards given to him due to his political connections.