Author Topic: Cheney says Trump’s team has changed Jan. 6 strategy to blame the ‘crazies’  (Read 736 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Cheney says Trump’s team has changed Jan. 6 strategy to blame the ‘crazies’
by Mychael Schnell - 07/12/22 1:44 PM ET

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) on Tuesday said individuals in former President Trump’s orbit have recently changed their strategy when dealing with the Jan. 6 select committee, opting to blame the “crazies” in Trump’s orbit for his actions.

During her opening statement at Tuesday’s public hearing, Cheney said witnesses and lawyers connected to Trump have gone from denying arguments and delaying proceedings to blaming outside advisers for Trump’s conduct — a plan that she labeled “nonsense.”

The Wyoming Republican’s comments came after the committee established that individuals in Trump’s orbit were aware that the 2020 presidential election was not stolen.

“We have covered significant ground over the past several weeks, and we have also seen a change in how witnesses and lawyers in the Trump orbit approach this committee,” Cheney said.

“Initially, their strategy in some cases appeared to be to deny and delay,” Cheney said. “Today, there appears to be a general recognition that the committee has established key facts, including that virtually everyone close to President Trump — his justice department officials, his White House advisers, his White House counsel, his campaign — all told him the 2020 election was not stolen,” she added.

During previous hearings, the committee has presented testimony from figures in Trump’s inner circle calling his claims of election fraud baseless. Notably, the panel showed testimony from former Attorney General William Barr labeling Trump’s claims of election fraud “bullshit.”

Cheney, who serves as the vice chairwoman of the panel, said those close to Trump now seem to be arguing that the president “was manipulated by others outside the administration, that he was persuaded to ignore his closest advisers and that he was incapable of telling right from wrong.”

She specifically called out three individuals witnesses have sought to blame for Trump’s conduct: conservative lawyer John Eastman, former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell and Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.).

“In this version, the president was quote ‘poorly served’ by these outside advisers. The strategy is to blame people his advisers called quote ‘the crazies’ for what Donald Trump did. This, of course, is nonsense,” Cheney said.

“President Trump is a 76-year-old man. He is not an impressionable child. Just like everyone else in our country, he is responsible for his own actions and his own choices. As our investigation has shown, Donald Trump had access to more detailed and specific information showing that the election was not actually stolen than almost any other American. And he was told this over and over again. No rational or sane man in his position could disregard that information and reach the opposite conclusion. And Donald Trump cannot escape responsibility by being willfully blind,” she added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3555881-cheney-says-trumps-team-has-changed-jan-6-strategy-to-blame-the-crazies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Further evidence that hatred does make people blind, especially to anything that challenges the need to validate their rage.

What happened on January 6, 2021 was stupid and unfortunate, but it transpired in the shades of gray that define most human events, not the blacks and whites that the urge to hatred would prefer. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Further evidence that hatred does make people blind, especially to anything that challenges the need to validate their rage.

What happened on January 6, 2021 was stupid and unfortunate, but it transpired in the shades of gray that define most human events, not the blacks and whites that the urge to hatred would prefer.

The ONLY thing unfortunate about what happened on Jan. 6th is that the Feds got involved and turned it into something more than was intended.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

I can't possibly be the only one thinking the "leadership" of the Jan. 6 committee resemble Uncle Remus and Ms. Piggy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I can't possibly be the only one thinking the "leadership" of the Jan. 6 committee resemble Uncle Remus and Ms. Piggy.

No mam! You surely are not!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Isn't it time for daddy to take his precious Lizard for a summer drive and an afternoon of electrochock therapy?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The ONLY thing unfortunate about what happened on Jan. 6th is that the Feds got involved and turned it into something more than was intended.
Oh, they turned it into what they intended, for sure. Meat for the next round of deflection blaming Trump, while the election fraud went uninvestigated.

Starting with making sure there was too little police presence outside, to removing barriers and signs (Ray Epps' pal), graduating to flashbangs and gas into a mostly peaceful crowd, opening doors to the building, and shooting or beating to death a couple of people who came in, not to mention the incitement and false flag operators in the bunch, they made sure they had the incident they wanted.

Who planted the pipe bombs? If they can track people outside the Capitol on 1/6, they should have been able to geotrack the phone the bomber was seen talking on in the surveillance video.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh, they turned it into what they intended, for sure. Meat for the next round of deflection blaming Trump, while the election fraud went uninvestigated.

Starting with making sure there was too little police presence outside, to removing barriers and signs (Ray Epps' pal), graduating to flashbangs and gas into a mostly peaceful crowd, opening doors to the building, and shooting or beating to death a couple of people who came in, not to mention the incitement and false flag operators in the bunch, they made sure they had the incident they wanted.

Who planted the pipe bombs? If they can track people outside the Capitol on 1/6, they should have been able to geotrack the phone the bomber was seen talking on in the surveillance video.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Cheney says Trump’s team has changed Jan. 6 strategy to blame the ‘crazies’

Lies. I haven't heard anything from Trump blaming you for J6, Dizzy Lizzy.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

I don't want to hear another word from Jamie Raskin.

Yesterday was too much hyperbolic story telling and not enough 1st hand evidence or witness testimony.

Jamie Raskin and Adam Schiff's participation is detrimental to the J6 Commission.  Jamie Raskin is a bloviating attention whore.  Adam Schiff is all bark, no bite.  They are both mad with Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.