Author Topic: Kasich: January 6 Probe Making Hard-Core Trump Supporters ‘Mushy’ — It’s Taking a Toll  (Read 2989 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: January 6 Probe Making Hard-Core Trump Supporters ‘Mushy’ — It’s Taking a Toll

Pam Key 8 Jul 2022

Former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) said Friday on CNN’s “Situation Room” that the hearings by the January 6 House Select Committee were causing former President Donald Trump’s “hard-core” supporters to become “mushy” in their defense of him.

Anchor Wolf Blitzer said, “Today’s testimony was behind closed doors, but it was recorded on video. So presumably, major portions of it could be made public during upcoming hearings, including as early as next week. What kind of impact would that have?”

Kasich said, “Well, what’s interesting to me, Wolf, is that these hearings were supposed to end sometime around June but what we see is they are not scheduling hearings as late as August, which means that little by little, they are finding more and more information and calling more and more relevant witnesses. So Cipollone is important in terms of the things that our guests have said here about confirming some things. But it also is really interesting how they keep finding more and more people who they want to call and have testify.”

He added, “You know, there is one other thing happening that I have noticed, Wolf, and that is I like to say there are a group of what were hard-core Trump supporters, and I think they are getting like mushy. You know what that term means. They are mushy. They are getting weaker. They no longer stand up and defend him. They say, well, it’s time to move on. So these hearings, the accumulation of these hearings, highly watched hearings, are taking a real toll on him and providing space for other Republicans to think about running for president.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/08/kasich-january-6-probe-making-hard-core-trump-supporters-mushy-its-taking-a-toll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Well, yes, persistent political persecution will eventually wear most dissidents down.  That's why the Soviets and the Nazis, to name only two, practiced it so assiduously.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I say the opposite is true. The Democrats are revealing the anti-America, corrupt to the core clown show the Democrat Party is. From what I see, it is turning more Democrats to the Republican Party and is pissing off and energizing the Republican base to vote.

This is just wishful thinking propaganda from the authoritarian Communist Left, which Kasich worships and supports.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

It's hard to imagine why John Kasich believes anyone gives a rat's rear end about his opinion on just about anything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Whatever you say Johnny you old demented windmill.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's hard to imagine why John Kasich believes anyone gives a rat's rear end about his opinion on just about anything.

Since he's a senior contributor at CNN,  I doubt he thinks anyone does.   :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“Well, what’s interesting to me, Wolf, is that these hearings were supposed to end sometime around June but what we see is they are not scheduling hearings as late as August, which means that little by little, they are finding more and more information and calling more and more relevant witnesses.

No.Wrong. What it tells me is that, again, they have nothing, so they have to dissect the dust kittens from the storerooms in Trump tower trying, desperately, to find something they can blow all out of proportion to justify this expensive witch hunt.

If they had found ANYTHING, they would have been above the fold with it howling about it.

This is Russia!, Russia!, Russia! v 2.0

More nonsense to try to get people to question whether Trump was involved, and take the increasing amount of sunlight off those who set the whole thing up, including the FBI, BLM, ANTIFA, the Capitol Police, Mayor of D.C., the Speaker of the House, and Sgt. at Arms who are all responsible for the security (or lack thereof) at the Capitol, and in large part for the incidents that occurred.   
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

No.Wrong. What it tells me is that, again, they have nothing, so they have to dissect the dust kittens from the storerooms in Trump tower trying, desperately, to find something they can blow all out of proportion to justify this expensive witch hunt.

If they had found ANYTHING, they would have been above the fold with it howling about it.

This is Russia!, Russia!, Russia! v 2.0

Ditto.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

Millions of taxpayer dollars are being spent doing opposition research in anticipation of a run in 2024.

This is a repeat of the scam that spent millions of taxpayer dollars doing opposition research in 2016 and 2020 under the guise of an investigation.

The same people are perpetrating this crime, and they should be handed the bill--for all of it.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Millions of taxpayer dollars are being spent doing opposition research in anticipation of a run in 2024.

This is a repeat of the scam that spent millions of taxpayer dollars doing opposition research in 2016 and 2020 under the guise of an investigation.

The same people are perpetrating this crime, and they should be handed the bill--for all of it.

The only problem with that, and the likely outcome, is that he will be made of teflon by the time they are done. Nothing will stick to the boy, even if it were true. They've beaten the dead horse to a runny pulp with nothing to show for it, and already, no one comes running when they cry wolf.

Seriously bad planning. Better one thing that will work for sure than a thousand whirling dervishes that he has always shown the knack for avoiding. Their learning curve is long. Too long.

Offline Smokin Joe

The only problem with that, and the likely outcome, is that he will be made of teflon by the time they are done. Nothing will stick to the boy, even if it were true. They've beaten the dead horse to a runny pulp with nothing to show for it, and already, no one comes running when they cry wolf.

Seriously bad planning. Better one thing that will work for sure than a thousand whirling dervishes that he has always shown the knack for avoiding. Their learning curve is long. Too long.
It appears they have been throwing poo at that monkey house glass for a long time. It would be natural enough for any businessman in NYC to cover his tracks well, or better yet, not leave any, but with all the might and resources of the United States' Government, they have failed to find a chargeable offense. They are even having a hard time making something up, except doing the MSM thing of weaving hearsay and innuendo into a fabric of criminality that isn't as strong as single ply buttwipe.

Whether or not you like his policies in the past, or find his personality offensive, or his habit of baiting the media while he was on twitter, he has ginned them up so badly they are desperate in their hate for the man to find something, anything that will stick, and they are failing yet again.

I do admit I have a certain appreciation for that, considering who is making fools of themselves, but I also have considerable sympathy for those who have been seined up by the Democrats and treated like shit, worse than they would dare treat any actual violent criminal, in order to try and create their narrative. But then, that just solidifies my contempt for the Democrat Party and their goon squads. IMHO, that is what Dems do, and they are trying their damndest to provoke some real insurrection while they hold the keys to the armory: an excuse to impose the 'Great Reset".

Remember Bunker Hill, and stand fast.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

It appears they have been throwing poo at that monkey house glass for a long time. It would be natural enough for any businessman in NYC to cover his tracks well, or better yet, not leave any, but with all the might and resources of the United States' Government, they have failed to find a chargeable offense. They are even having a hard time making something up, except doing the MSM thing of weaving hearsay and innuendo into a fabric of criminality that isn't as strong as single ply buttwipe.

Whether or not you like his policies in the past, or find his personality offensive, or his habit of baiting the media while he was on twitter, he has ginned them up so badly they are desperate in their hate for the man to find something, anything that will stick, and they are failing yet again.

I do admit I have a certain appreciation for that, considering who is making fools of themselves, but I also have considerable sympathy for those who have been seined up by the Democrats and treated like shit, worse than they would dare treat any actual violent criminal, in order to try and create their narrative. But then, that just solidifies my contempt for the Democrat Party and their goon squads. IMHO, that is what Dems do, and they are trying their damndest to provoke some real insurrection while they hold the keys to the armory: an excuse to impose the 'Great Reset".

Remember Bunker Hill, and stand fast.

Other than the policies, The rest means nothing to me. I am entirely immune to all the 'Big Show' drama.I have zero belief in either Democrat or Republican, and damn little belief in in any politician. Show me the money.

So far as I can see, all sides are trimming things for that 'great reset', so...

The only thing that works for me is to take the money away from em. No more dough and they can't play anymore. So other than that cause, I will no longer join in. Power moving to the states, and money drying up in the fed. Nothing else matters.

But all the same, I can see what is going on in the drama... From both directions. I just don't care about it. Let em throw poo all they want, from both directions. It is all distraction to me.

Offline Smokin Joe

Other than the policies, The rest means nothing to me. I am entirely immune to all the 'Big Show' drama.I have zero belief in either Democrat or Republican, and damn little belief in in any politician. Show me the money.

So far as I can see, all sides are trimming things for that 'great reset', so...

The only thing that works for me is to take the money away from em. No more dough and they can't play anymore. So other than that cause, I will no longer join in. Power moving to the states, and money drying up in the fed. Nothing else matters.

But all the same, I can see what is going on in the drama... From both directions. I just don't care about it. Let em throw poo all they want, from both directions. It is all distraction to me.
It's like watching a magic show. Always pay attention to what the other hand is doing, because that's the one setting you up to be fooled.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

It's like watching a magic show. Always pay attention to what the other hand is doing, because that's the one setting you up to be fooled.

That's right...

Offline roamer_1

"Alaska Wants Trump Back"  (Video)

Meh. A perfect example of the 'big show'...

I am entirely immune to all the 'Big Show' drama.

And yet you bring it up every chance you get.   88devil

Offline roamer_1

And yet you bring it up every chance you get.   88devil

... Because I can't imagine how folks let that influence them... But it's all about bouncy jangley bits and waggin tongues... all the time.  :whistle: :shrug:

... Because I can't imagine how folks let that influence them.

Nah, that's not it.   :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

Offline Smokin Joe

Bread and circuses...

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

... Because I can't imagine how folks let that influence them...

You keep missing who's driving the "big show", Roamer.  It's rather disappointing that you're still unable to figure this out.

Offline roamer_1

You keep missing who's driving the "big show", Roamer.  It's rather disappointing that you're still unable to figure this out.

Both 'sides'... It's all bullsh*t. All of it.
And in the meantime, both sides are at the gubmint trough sucking up more than we make... That's the truth of it.