Author Topic: Gov. Kathy Hochul unveils list of ‘sensitive locations’ to ban concealed carry  (Read 270 times)

Offline Kamaji

Gov. Kathy Hochul unveils list of ‘sensitive locations’ to ban concealed carry

By Bernadette Hogan and Carl Campanile
June 29, 2022

Gov. Kathy Hochul on Wednesday unveiled a list of “sensitive locations” where she is seeking to ban concealed carry following the bombshell Supreme court gun ruling last week — as she also argued it shouldn’t be a “default” for private businesses.

“My team is reviewing all of our options, we’re gonna make sure we have the strongest protections possible,” the New York governor said Wednesday afternoon.

Hochul and lawmakers will go into an extraordinary session Thursday to pass legislation complying with the SCOTUS ruling that tossed out a century-old New York statute restricting the carrying of concealed weapons.

The list of sensitive locations includes:

* Federal, state and local government buildings

* Health and medical facilities

* Places where children gather such as daycares, parks, zoos and playgrounds

* Public transportation including subways and buses

* Polling sites

* Educational institutions

Hochul also insisted she wants to ensure concealed carry isn’t a “default” position for private businesses.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/29/gov-kathy-hochul-to-ban-concealed-carry-in-sensitive-locations/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sense that the "public transportation" clause will be struck down in court.

How can one move about in a city like New York UNLESS one [often] uses "public" transportation?

Offline mountaineer

Is she going to install metal detectors and hire officers to search everyone going to hospitals and parks, or using public transportation?
Hochul also insisted she wants to ensure concealed carry isn’t a “default” position for private businesses.
My "default position" is I'll go wherever I want, carrying whatever I want. If a place does screening, like my local county courthouse, then I don't carry my weapon into the building. But the library or a doctor's office? You bet I do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org