Author Topic: Senate negotiators finalize gun safety bill  (Read 1846 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Senate negotiators finalize gun safety bill
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2022, 12:25:51 pm »
Greg Price
@greg_price11

GOP voters in Texas better put the fear of God into @JohnCornyn if it's true that he follows up his red flag law monstrosity by working with Democrats on amnesty, giving citizenship to people who will ensure Republicans never win an election again.

9:15 PM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App
And he is intending to destroy the buildup of red within those most affected by illegals coming across the border, South Texas, which just elected its first GOP representative to Congress in 150 years.

He and his kind are intending to ensure it is one party rule in DC forever.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline rustynail

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 12:30:11 pm »
Texas, coward cops craven politicians.

John Cornyn Pledges to Sell Out America on Amnesty After Caving on Gun Control

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/21/john-cornyn-pledges-to-sell-out-america-on-amnesty-after-caving-on-gun-control/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2022, 01:15:19 pm »
Senate’s Bipartisan Bill Contains Gun Controls that Have Nothing to Do with Uvalde, Buffalo, Parkland, Las Vegas, Orlando…

AWR Hawkins 21 Jun 2022

The Senate’s bipartisan gun control bill contains heightened penalties for firearm trafficking and straw purchases, although trafficked or straw purchased firearms were not used in Uvalde, Buffalo, Parkland, Las Vegas, or Orlando, among others.

Sections 932 and 033 contain the heightened straw purchase and gun trafficking penalties.

The straw purchase section (932)v says:

It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly purchase, or conspire to purchase, any firearm in or otherwise affecting interstate or foreign commerce for, on behalf of, or at the request or demand of any other person, knowing or having possible cause to believe that such other person” is prohibited from making the purchase for themselves.

Straw purchases were banned long before the Senate’s bipartisan agreement was announced.

ATF form 4473, the paper portion of a firearm purchase background check, uses question one to make clear that straw purchases are allowable.

Question one, form 4473, asks:

Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) (ATF Form 5300.9A)? Warning: You are not the actual transferee/buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual transferee/buyer, the licensee cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.

The trafficking section (933) of the Senate gun control deal is much the same, in that it presents a penalty for selling guns to individuals who are otherwise barred from having them.

Breitbart News has long kept a running tally of the high-profile mass shootings of the last 15 years, and every attacker but three got his guns via a background check. Two of the three who avoided background checks–the Clackamus Town Center attacker (December 11, 2012) and the Sandy Hook attacker (December 14, 2012)–stole their guns, so no amount of point-of-sale gun controls would have stopped them. One individual, the Midland, Texas, attacker (August 31, 2019), acquired his gun via a private sale.

Apart from those exceptions, high profile mass shooters over the past 15 years acquired their guns themselves, at retail, by complying with background checks. Heightened straw purchase rules or more anti-trafficking laws would not have prevented their attacks.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/21/senates-bipartisan-bill-contains-gun-controls-that-have-nothing-to-do-with-uvalde-buffalo-parkland-las-vegas-orlando/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2022, 01:23:08 pm »
Senate Gun Control Deal Applies Domestic Violence Statutes, Gun Bans, to ‘Dating Relationships’

AWR Hawkins 21 Jun 2022

Section 12005 of the Senate gun control deal expands traditional domestic violence protections from spouse and ex-spouses to “dating relationships.”

This the list of prohibited purchasers in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) will include certain boyfriends and girlfriends, should the Senate gun control deal become law.

The bill says, “The term ‘dating relationship’ means a relationship between individuals who have or have recently had a a continuing serious relationship or a romantic or intimate nature.”

The legislation indicates the “length of the relationship,” “the nature of the relationship,” and the “frequency and type of interaction between individuals involved in the relationship,” all play a role in determining if the relationship is, in fact, a “dating relationship.”

The legislation does not indicate who will decide which relationships qualify as a “dating relationship.” Because of such ambiguities the NRA noted, “The NRA noted, “This bill leaves too much discretion in the hands of government officials and also contains undefined and overboard provisions — inviting interference with our constitutional freedoms.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/21/senate-gun-control-deal-applies-domestic-violence-statutes-gun-bans-to-dating-relationships/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2022, 01:24:05 pm »
Cornyn will be facing the mother of all primaries come his next election.  Sadly, that won't be until 2026.

Cornyn signed his political death warrant yesterday and simply does not care.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2022, 01:37:25 pm »
 Here are the 14 GOP senators who voted to advance gun safety bill
by Alexander Bolton - 06/21/22 10:30 PM ET

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas)
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.)
Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.)
Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.)
Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.)
Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah)
Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio)
Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) 
Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
Rep. Todd Young (R-Ind.)

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3532218-here-are-the-14-gop-senators-who-voted-to-advance-gun-safety-bill/
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2022, 01:50:01 pm »

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2022, 01:53:04 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING: Biden Admin officials are referring to the Senator as 'Cave-In Cornyn,' per WH staffer

10:07 PM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2022, 01:56:40 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING: Biden Admin officials are referring to the Senator as 'Cave-In Cornyn,' per WH staffer

10:07 PM · Jun 21, 2022·Twitter Web App

It's bad enough they've made a mockery of you RINO Corn-in.  Unfortunately, you have TEX after your name.  Unacceptable.  GTFO of the Senate......NOW!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2022, 02:08:34 pm »
We need Texans who represent Texans to lead us.

Going to DC and smelling the aura of applause by the leftists there made Cornyn a true DC creature like McCain.

It is a good enough reason for me for our state to leave this nation as DC critters do not represent us.

To my fellow Texans, if you want to send RINO Corn-in a love message-

202-224-2934

I made a formal request for him to resign.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2022, 02:16:20 pm »
Texas, coward cops craven politicians.

John Cornyn Pledges to Sell Out America on Amnesty After Caving on Gun Control

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/21/john-cornyn-pledges-to-sell-out-america-on-amnesty-after-caving-on-gun-control/

In less than a year I have had one senator call J6 protestors terrorist- (Cruz)
And the other become a blatant anti-2A gun grabber RINO...(Cornyn)

We really need to clean our state up.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2022, 02:17:16 pm »
To my fellow Texans, if you want to send RINO Corn-in a love message-

202-224-2934

I made a formal request for him to resign.

I received his response to my latest missive yesterday:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms policy. I appreciate your comments on this important matter.

On May 24, 2022, a gunman maliciously took the lives of 21 innocent people, including 19 children at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones. As you know, this is an incredibly difficult time for the Uvalde community, Texas, and our Nation. We are committed to coordinating with federal, state, and local officials to assist the Uvalde community as they navigate the aftermath of this tragedy.

Students and teachers deserve to feel safe inside of their schools, and parents deserve peace of mind when they send their children to school. To that end, my Senate colleagues and I have engaged in bipartisan discussions to draft mental health and school safety legislation to identify and prevent violence in our communities. It is imperative for Congress to improve the availability and accessibility of mental health services across the country, particularly within our schools, to address the root causes of mass violence. In addition, school safety measures must be bolstered to ensure schools have effective violence prevention mechanisms in place.

To be clear, we are not talking about restricting or limiting the rights of current law-abiding gun owners. We need targeted reforms to ensure existing laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who have been adjudicated as mentally ill. The Constitution guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, and I strongly oppose any effort to infringe on that right.

As this legislation begins to take shape, my goal is to reach an agreement that can earn broad bipartisan support. In the wake of the 2017 Sutherland Springs shooting, we learned that the existing background check system-the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)-did not identify that the shooter was prohibited from purchasing and possessing a firearm under federal law. As a result, I reached across the aisle and worked with my Republican colleagues to pass the bipartisan Fix NICS Act (S. 2135; 115th Congress), which was signed into law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 (P. L. 115-141). This law improves the uploading of records from local, state, and federal agencies to better identify those who are already disqualified under current law from purchasing a firearm. States and federal agencies have uploaded more than eleven million records since the bill's passage. I'm convinced that this legislation has saved lives.

Like you, I am outraged by mass shootings and the violence inflicted upon our communities. As your Senator, I am committed to focusing on the root causes of mass violence, improving the enforcement of current law, and addressing improvements to mental health care in America. I will continue to push for effective solutions that protect communities while preserving the protections and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent Texas in the United States Senate. I recognize we may have differing opinions on this important matter, but I hope you will continue to share your views with me. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

To be honest, I didn't even read it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2022, 02:18:37 pm »
Tim Murtaugh
@TimMurtaugh

Here’s @KellyForAlaska on @lisamurkowski’s vote to advance the gun control bill:

“Lawful ownership of firearms is part of who we are as Alaskans, both for hunting & for self-defense. Perhaps Murkowski missed the part of the 2nd Amendment where it says, ‘shall not be infringed.’”

10:24 PM · Jun 21, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2022, 02:19:15 pm »
I received his response to my latest missive yesterday:

To be honest, I didn't even read it.

Cornyn is really one clueless RINO son of a bitch.  The concept of chisleling away 2A one pebble at a time is beyond his grasp..

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2022, 02:21:25 pm »
Tim Murtaugh
@TimMurtaugh

Here’s @KellyForAlaska on @lisamurkowski’s vote to advance the gun control bill:

Considering the apex predator critters living in Alaska, that is maybe the one place in the country you REALLY shouldn't be disarmed.   Murcowski.....  Model RINO to the end.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2022, 02:22:24 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n95r-3zFZX4

Thanks for posting this @EdinVA  ----- it's well worth watching and remembering.

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2022, 02:32:07 pm »
Cornyn is really one clueless RINO son of a bitch.  The concept of chisleling away 2A one pebble at a time is beyond his grasp..

Last week Cornyn was soundly booed during his speech at a GOP convention in Texas.  Afterwards he said he would not give in to a mob.  Yes,, he called his constituients a mob.

Let that sink in.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2022/06/20/after-cornyn-blames-jeers-at-texas-gop-on-mob-gun-rights-group-demands-apology/

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2022, 02:36:04 pm »

Among the things I said to the senator in my letter was this line "You were not elected to get along with democrats or, in any way, accommodate them.  You WERE elected to defeat the commie bastards!"

I guess he didn't get the message.  Again!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2022, 02:37:55 pm »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2022, 03:13:15 pm »
 McCarthy and Scalise to vote against Senate gun deal
by Emily Brooks - 06/22/22 11:00 AM ET

The top two Republicans in the House, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.), plan to vote against the Senate’s bipartisan gun bill.

McCarthy and Scalise told House Republican members during a House GOP conference meeting Wednesday that they plan to vote against the bill, GOP leadership staff said.

House GOP leaders have not said whether they will formally whip against the bill and ask its members to vote no.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3532658-mccarthy-and-scalise-to-vote-against-senate-gun-deal/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2022, 03:14:11 pm »
Support the USO

Offline bilo

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2022, 04:40:02 pm »
Are any of the Senate Pubs who are selling us out running for re-election?

If they go ahead with a sell out on immigration next I wonder how long it will take for the polls to show the election is a toss up for the House and Senate. The Pubs seem to be in a rush to throw away what could have been a historic sweep in Nov.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2022, 04:47:59 pm »
The biggest talent the republicants have is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It seems as is the don't want to have the responsibility of being in the majority.  They would rather be in the minority so they can blame everything on the Democrat Communist Party.