Author Topic: Texas congressman blames women for ‘reduced’ standards in the military  (Read 846 times)

rebewranger

Texas congressman blames women for ‘reduced’ standards in the military
"Even volunteer women in the military cause the standards to be reduced," he said.

BY HALEY BRITZKY | PUBLISHED JUN 16, 2022 2:58 PM

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) wants to stop women from being drafted into the military because the hundreds of thousands of women currently serving are driving the standards down, he said in a Tweet on Wednesday. Roy, who is running for re-election to represent Texas’ 21st district, tweeted that women volunteering in the military “cause the standards to be reduced.” He did not specify which standards he believed women who volunteer to serve in the military were lowering.

Miles Teller got jet fuel in his blood filming ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ and Tom Cruise was not impressed
Subscribe to Task & Purpose Today. Get the latest in military news, entertainment, and gear in your inbox daily.

Roy, who has never served in the military, is far from the first lawmaker — or pundit — to claim without evidence that military standards are being reduced because women are joining the ranks. But his comments also stand in contrast with his own official biography, which says he is “committed to…supporting the men and women of the military.”

Yes, men and women.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/texas-congressman-women-military-standards/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cue up Morgan Freeman:

Offline Kamaji

I wasn't aware that the draft was active.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Texas congressman blames women for ‘reduced’ standards in the military
"Even volunteer women in the military cause the standards to be reduced," he said.

BY HALEY BRITZKY | PUBLISHED JUN 16, 2022 2:58 PM

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) wants to stop women from being drafted into the military because the hundreds of thousands of women currently serving are driving the standards down, he said in a Tweet on Wednesday. Roy, who is running for re-election to represent Texas’ 21st district, tweeted that women volunteering in the military “cause the standards to be reduced.” He did not specify which standards he believed women who volunteer to serve in the military were lowering.

Miles Teller got jet fuel in his blood filming ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ and Tom Cruise was not impressed
Subscribe to Task & Purpose Today. Get the latest in military news, entertainment, and gear in your inbox daily.

Roy, who has never served in the military, is far from the first lawmaker — or pundit — to claim without evidence that military standards are being reduced because women are joining the ranks. But his comments also stand in contrast with his own official biography, which says he is “committed to…supporting the men and women of the military.”

Yes, men and women.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/texas-congressman-women-military-standards/

@rangerrebew

The standards ARE being lowered so that more women can be accepted into more MOS's. There are women now who are not just driving supply trucks in combat zones,they are actually driving the gun trucks and "manning" the 50's.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks about this,but I am against it and have no intention of changing my mind.

NOT because women can't do this job,they clearly can,but because women are too important to the survival of mankind to  lose over PC brain farts like this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rustynail

The US Navy has released a training video which looks like a children’s TV show encouraging sailors to announce their pronouns in order to create a “safe space” and avoid “misgendering” people.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-navy-releases-bizarre-training-video-urging-recruits-create-pronoun-safe-space

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The US Navy has released a training video which looks like a children’s TV show encouraging sailors to announce their pronouns in order to create a “safe space” and avoid “misgendering” people.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-navy-releases-bizarre-training-video-urging-recruits-create-pronoun-safe-space

@rustynail

Well,The Fireside Theater made an album once back in the 60's,and I think the album title was "In the Navy". WRONG!!!!!

IF I know remember correctly,the title was "Men,men,men". Thanks go out to @Kamaji
for the correction.

I may be wrong about that,and that may just be the number 1 song title.

Can't remember much about the year,or even the decade it came out,but all the Fireside Theater albums are on You Tube,and  you can't go wrong listening to any of them.

IIRC,it was the same year "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" comics came out,if that is any help. Ya GOTTA check on the adventures of "Fat Freddies Cat". Can't remember what he name was now,but he was the smart one in the group.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:35:15 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
BTW,do NOT blame the women sailors. Blame the asshat politicians that demanded this,and the nutless Admirals that went along with it because their positions are more important to them than the survival of America.

Offline Kamaji

BTW,do NOT blame the women sailors. Blame the asshat politicians that demanded this,and the nutless Admirals that went along with it because their positions are more important to them than the survival of America.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@rustynail

Well,The Fireside Theater made an album once back in the 60's,and I think the album title was "In the Navy". I may be wrong about that,and that may just be the number 1 song title.

Can't remember much about the year,or even the decade it came out,but all the Fireside Theater albums are on You Tube,and  you can't go wrong listening to any of them.

IIRC,it was the same year "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" comics came out,if that is any help. Ya GOTTA check on the adventures of "Fat Freddies Catz". Can't remember what he name was now,but he was the smart one in the group.

"F. Frederick Skitty."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

@rustynail

Well,The Fireside Theater made an album once back in the 60's,and I think the album title was "In the Navy". I may be wrong about that,and that may just be the number 1 song title.

IIRC,it was the same year "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" comics came out,if that is any help. Ya GOTTA check on the adventures of "Fat Freddies Cat". Can't remember what he name was now,but he was the smart one in the group.

I believe "In the Navy" was by the Village People:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I believe "In the Navy" was by the Village People:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs

@Kamaji

I stand corrected. That song was a recruiting song for the US Navy.

The Fireside Theater song was titled "Men,men,men". Or at least that seemed to be the title.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"F. Frederick Skitty."

@Cyber Liberty

Was that the formal name of Fat Freedie's Cat? For some odd reason,my memory seems to be a bit scattered for those years.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Was that the formal name of Fat Freedie's Cat? For some odd reason,my memory seems to be a bit scattered for those years.

F(at) Fred(dies) Kitty
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks!

I loved the Field Marshall Cockroach wars with Fat Freddie's Cat.

"Yes, we lost thousands, but it hurts them more than it hurts us!"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 02:34:03 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I loved the Field Marshall Cockroach wars with Fat Freddie's Cat.

"Yes, we lost thousands, but it hurts them more than it hurts us!"

@Cyber Liberty

I loved the whole damn comic books. My mother threw all that stuff away when I took a job working out of state. When I got back home,her excuse was "Well,you weren't reading them anymore!"

Duhhhh.

Should have expected this. When I came home on leave from basic training,she had given away ALL of my clothes as well as my books,comic books,model airplanes,and everything else from my childhood. Her excuse was "You are in the army now and they give you all your clothes."

Which,of course,they don't except for the first issue. You have to buy replacements after that.

Same thing when I was medievaced from VN. My hold baggage got home before I did,and by the time I got home EVERYTHING I had that I wanted to save from my VN duty was gone,as well as ALL of my army clothing except for the one dress uniform I was wearing when I got home,and my beret,which I was also wearing.

Once again,she said "The army will always give you more,so why are you mad?"

I went ballistic over that one,and jumped in her shit over just how freaking stupid she had to to do such a dumbass thing.

Not only did I lose all my war souvenirs,including my MACV-SOG Plaque for serving with SOG,I didn't have one single fatigue uniform to wear for duty when I reported into Bragg.

Had to take a freaking day of personal leave to get off duty so I could go to the base clothing store,buy some jungle fatigues,and then go to a post laundry to get all my stripes,name tags,jump wings,and CIB's tags paid for and sewed on the new jungle fatigues. Had to pay for this out of my own pocket,too.

This crap REALLY pissed me off. Especially after all the hell I raised about her throwing my childhood away while I was in basic training.

Not that it did any good. See my reference above to her throwing away all my Furry Freak Brothers comics and other stuff that I didn't take with me when I took the temporary job working out of state.

Neither she nor my father never had anything "extra",including more than a couple of changes of clothes when they were growing up,and truth to tell,even as senior citizens they never bought or kept anything they didn't need to wear or use to work with. Not one single thing. If it wasn't being used,it got given away or thrown away.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:21:11 pm by sneakypete »