Author Topic: The End of Free Lunches for Students?  (Read 484 times)

rebewranger

The End of Free Lunches for Students?
« on: June 18, 2022, 03:28:29 pm »
 The End of Free Lunches for Students?

With inflation skyrocketing, many parents have loved being able to send their kids to school knowing that school lunches were covered. It meant that a snack pack of pudding didn’t have to be purchased. It meant one less loaf of bread that needed to go into the grocery cart.

For over a year, the Child Nutrition COVID-19 waivers made their way into the public school system, creating free breakfasts and lunches for all students – not just for the low-income families who would have been covered no matter what.

The free meals were relief for COVID. Now that COVID isn’t the crisis that it once was, the federal waivers will expire on June 30.

https://redbloodedconservative.com/2022/06/13/the-end-of-free-lunches-for-students/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 03:29:43 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

Re: The End of Free Lunches for Students?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 03:51:29 pm »
Free meals for all is just stupid. I never could understand why the children of wealthy parents didn't have to pay for school lunch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 04:13:28 pm »
"Free"...you keep using that word in this context, but I don't think you know what it really means.

Chaps my a$$ everytime I see "free" lunches promoted and they won't admit where it's coming from or throw taxpayers a bone by thanking us for paying.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 04:50:20 pm »
Free meals for all is just stupid. I never could understand why the children of wealthy parents didn't have to pay for school lunch.

Our kids and grandkids at breakfast at home before school. What the schools serve for breakfast is ridiculous.  A single granola bar is hardly adequate.

When my grandson was in kindergarten and first grade my daughter always packed him a lunch from home as the quality and quantity of gov't school lunches was a joke.  By the time he entered 2nd grade, lunches from home were not allowed!  Now they are reverting back.  The liberal idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

Give them an old fashioned P&J, chips or cookies, vegs/fruit and a drink and they'll be much better off; or bologna and cheese, ham and cheese .... so much better than the crappola that the schools serve.  The lunches keep fine even here in FL with a small ice pack tucked into the lunch box.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 04:52:54 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 10:31:57 pm »
I'm of the opposite persuasion: if you're going to make attendance compulsory, you can pay the measly $1 or less a day to keep them fed while they're there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024