Author Topic: Schiff says evidence of being responsible for Jan. 6 attack is ‘very powerful’  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Schiff says evidence of being responsible for Jan. 6 attack is ‘very powerful’
by Olafimihan Oshin - 06/12/22 10:14 AM ET

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said on Sunday that the evidence of former President Trump being responsible for the Jan 6, 2021 attack at the U.S. Capitol is “very powerful.”

“The evidence is very powerful that Donald Trump … began telling this big lie even before the elections, that he was saying that any ballots counted after Election Day were going to be inherently suspect,” Schiff told moderator Martha Raddatz on ABC’s “This Week.”

“That lie continued after the election and ultimately led to this mob assembling and attacking the Capitol,” he added.

Schiff also said that there is enough evidence that links Trump with white nationalist groups before the riot, adding that the connection will be a clear focus of their investigation.

“Let me ask you, is there an actual conversation between people in Trump’s orbit and Proud Boys, Oathkeepers?” Raddatz asked Schiff.

“Well, you know, as I think the committee already disclosed and has been publicly reported, of course, there are connections between these white nationalist groups and some in Trump’s orbit,” Schiff replied. “Again, I don’t want to get into specifics of the evidence. You’ll just have to wait until we get to that point of our hearings.”

Schiff added that Trump’s goal was to incite the mob of his supporters to storm the Capitol and do nothing about it, saying that his inactions on that day were “powerful.”

more
https://thehill.com/news/sunday-talk-shows/3520365-schiff-says-evidence-of-being-responsible-for-jan-6-attack-is-very-powerful/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji