Author Topic: January 6 Hearing: No ‘Shocking Revelations’; Will Recap ‘What Has Been Reported’  (Read 1525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 6 Hearing: No ‘Shocking Revelations’; Will Recap ‘What Has Been Reported’

Joel B. Pollak9 Jun 2022

An aide to the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol said Thursday that the first public hearings, scheduled for prime time broadcast, would largely recapitulate what “has been reported” already.

The Washington Post reported:

Committee aides sought to temper expectations of any shocking revelations during Thursday’s hearing and instead framed the session as an opening argument.

“[Thursday] night is connecting the dots,” said a second aide. “A lot of this has been reported and bits and pieces of it have been shared. But our aim is to tie all that together in a comprehensive narrative and to show how it’s a pattern that started before the election and went all the way through January 6.”

The Post also reported that the first hearing would focus on far-right groups, and that it was unclear whether footage of depositions by Jared and Ivanka Trump would be shown, as had previously been reported. All depositions were taken behind closed doors, in a repeat of the impeachment investigation strategy of Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), who is on the committee.

Committee chair Rep. Benni Thompson (D-MS), who objected to the certification of Ohio’s Electoral College votes for President George W. Bush in 2005, planned to say, in an excerpt of remarks prepared for delivery: “Tonight, and over the next few weeks, we’re going to remind you of the reality of what happened that day. But our work must do much more than just look backwards. … The conspiracy to thwart the will of the people is not over.”

House Republicans accused Democrats on Thursday of using the January 6 Committee hearings to push their favored voting legislation and to campaign for the 2022 and 2024 elections.

No evidence or witness list was provided to the opposition or to the public. Further hearings are set to be aired next week.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/09/january-6-hearing-no-shocking-revelations-will-recap-what-has-been-reported/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm sorry I am not watching this farce tonight...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First Public Testimony at January 6 Hearing: Recorded Deposition of AG William Barr

The first testimony shown at the first public hearings of the January 6 Committee on Thursday evening was a recorded deposition of former Attorney General William Barr, who had voluntarily agreed to testify in closed-door proceedings.

It was not clear whether Barr understood that in providing a deposition, he was agreeing to an on-camera appearance in public, without context, without the protections of legal counsel, and without cross-examination by the opposition.

Barr was shown saying that he tried to explain to then-President Donald Trump that he believed claims of election fraud were “bullshit,” after the Department of Justice had said that it would follow up on any leads about attempts to distort the vote.

Barr’s skepticism has long been a matter of public record, and it led to his resignation from the Cabinet prior to the end of President Trump’s term in office. He defended Trump’s performance in office but changed his view of Trump after January 6.

The January 6 Committee has interviewed over 1,000 witnesses, many under threat of prosecution for contempt, in secret hearings reminiscent of the “basement” investigation conducted by Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) in the first impeachment investigation in 2019. Schiff, like second impeachment manager Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD), is a member of the Committee.

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), one of the only two Republicans on the panel — both of whom were handpicked by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for their opposition to Trump — said that the hearings would continued for “weeks to come.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/09/first-public-testimony-at-january-6-hearing-recorded-deposition-of-ag-william-barr/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

I'm sorry I am not watching this farce tonight...

I can't blame you. I'm not watching either.   :3:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I watched Carlson's show tonight .... it was completely commercial free and very well done.  I'll post the video when it's available --- amd it's worth watching.

I fear for my country. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I watched Carlson's show tonight .... it was completely commercial free and very well done.  I'll post the video when it's available --- amd it's worth watching.

I fear for my country.

Yeah I watched too....this is just so upsetting...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 6 Hearing: Liz Cheney Claims Trump ‘Provoked’ Violence Against Capitol Police

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) presented the Democratic majority’s case against former President Trump in the first public hearing of the January 6 Committee on Thursday by claiming Capitol Police were hit with “violence provoked by Donald Trump.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/09/january-6-hearing-liz-cheney-claims-trump-provoked-violence-against-capitol-police/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Kick Off Jan. 6 Hearings Comparing ‘Insurrectionists’ to Defenders of KKK, Slavery, Lynching

The partisan special investigation hearings of the January 6th  committee kicked off comparing the protesters who stormed the Capitol that day to supporters of slavery, the Ku Klux Klan, and the lynching of black people.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/09/democrats-kick-off-jan-6-hearings-comparing-insurrectionists-to-defenders-of-kkk-slavery-lynching/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

I fear for my country.

I'll have to stream it tomorrow when I get a chance.

Yes, I fear for my country and I fear our government; I have for a long time.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Rand Paul:  "Here are my thoughts on the #January6thCommitteeHearings"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1535059997163671553

Offline libertybele

Rand Paul:  "Here are my thoughts on the #January6thCommitteeHearings"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1535059997163671553

I think we all know it is a worthless witch hunt, BUT, what will be the outcome?? Meanwhile ... we have people still in jail over this, and with no court date yet!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Tapper on 1/6 Hearing: ‘Absolutely Devastating’– ‘Footprints Traced All the Way Back to Donald Trump’

CNN anchor Jake Tapper said Thursday on his network’s special coverage of the hearing held by the House Select Committee investigating the riot at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 that they played an “absolutely devastating” video, and the evidence so far has been all about former President Donald Trump.

Tapper said, “An absolutely devastating film of footage, some of which, much of which we had never seen before. And in fact, some of the officers who served so valiantly that day were watching that film you just watched, that 12-minute film, from inside the committee room. It was emotional, an emotional moment for them as they watched this horrifying spectacle. Before that film, we saw a presentation from the chairman of the committee, Bennie Thompson of Mississippi. An even more powerful presentation from the vice-chair, Republican Liz Cheney, who offered firsthand testimonies with videos and texts from Trump administration officials and Trump family members, and Trump loyalists, all offering a trail of footprints leading directly from that horrific insurrection, this attack on the Capitol, this attack on democracy, footprints traced all the way back to Donald Trump.”

Co-anchor Dana Bash said,  no question about it, especially the very lengthy, very powerful presentation from Liz Cheney that can be summed up in one of her quotes, where she says, ‘There’s no room for debate. Those who invaded our Capitol and battled law enforcement for hours were motivated by what President Trump had told them.’ And she said, President Trump, assembled the mob and lit the flames of this attack. That is perhaps the best summary she gave.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/09/cnns-tapper-on-1-6-hearing-absolutely-devastating-footprints-traced-all-the-way-back-to-donald-trump/
Support the USO

pointing-down

These guys did ... and continue to do ... herculean investigative journalism.   Here's a listing of and links to their most formidable reports ....

The Essential Revolver News January 6 Reading List
Jan 5, 2022

Revolver’s reporting changed the entire national narrative on 1/6 by focusing on evidence of foreknowledge and active instigation on 1/6 by elements of the federal government itself. It is this dark revelation that has generated howls of hysterical denunciation across the broad spectrum of Regime media outlets and mouthpieces.

More:  https://www.revolver.news/2022/01/the-essential-revolver-news-january-6-reading-list/

House Republicans
@HouseGOP

WOW they are using teleprompters.

8:16 PM · Jun 9, 2022   TweetDeck

Offline AARguy

Democrat desperation is is getting psychotic. I expect them to come up with a Martian who will spill the beans about a Trump-alien collusion to take over the world. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: January 6 Committee Plays Deceptively Edited Video of Capitol Riot

Joel B. Pollak 9 Jun 2022

The January 6 Committee played a deceptively edited video of the Capitol riot on Thursday evening, dubbing audio of former President Donald Trump describing the peaceful part of the rally over footage of violent clashes a mile away.

The video was presented during the committee’s first public hearing as part of a montage that Chair Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) said included never-before-seen footage. The audio was from a Fox News interview of Trump on July 11, 2021.

The committee played Trump’s comments — which referred to his peaceful rally, over a mile away — over visuals of clashes between rioters and police. “They were peaceful people. These were great people,” Trump was heard saying. “The crowd was unbelievable. And I mentioned the word love. The love — the love in the air, I have never seen anything like it.”

In the original context, however, it was clear Trump was referring to his rally, not to the riot at the Capitol a mile away.

Here is the transcript from Trump’s interview with host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures (emphasis added):

TRUMP: So, there was a big rally called. And, actually, when I say big, who knew? But there was a rally called.

And a tremendous number of people, the largest one I have ever spoken before, is called by people, by patriots. And they asked me if I’d speak. And I did. And it was a very mild-mannered speech, as I think has been — in fact, they just came out with a report in Congress, and they didn’t mention my name, literally.

But what they were complaining about and the reason, in my opinion, you had over a million people there, which the press doesn’t like to report at all, because it shows too much — too much activity, too much — too much spirit and faith and love. There was such love at that rally.

You had over a million people there. They were there for one reason, the rigged election. They felt the election was rigged. That’s why they were there. And they were peaceful people. These were great people.

The crowd was unbelievable. And I mentioned the word love. The love — the love in the air, I have never seen anything like it.

And that’s why they went to Washington.

The committee edited the video and audio to suggest that Trump was referring to the rioters, not to the peaceful protesters.

There was no opportunity to question the deceptive video. Rep. Thompson called a recess immediately after the video was played, and there is no representative of the opposing side — neither on the committee itself, nor among the witnesses.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/09/watch-january-6-committee-plays-deceptively-edited-video-of-capitol-riot/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Chris Wallace on 1/6 Hearing: ‘Very Powerful, Very Well Produced’ Horrifying

CNN political commentator Chris Wallace said Thursday on his network’s special coverage of the hearing held by the House Select Committee investigating the riot at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 that it was “very powerful, very well produced.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/09/cnns-chris-wallace-on-1-6-hearing-very-powerful-very-well-produced-horrifying/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Mick Mulvaney: Jan. 6 footage at hearing ‘stunning’
by Dominick Mastrangelo - 06/09/22 10:07 PM ET

Former Trump White House chief of staff-turned CBS contributor Mick Mulvaney called new video shown by the Jan. 6 House select committee at its prime-time hearing Thursday “powerful” and “stunning.”

“That video was stunning,” Mulvaney said after the panel shared the video. “And more powerful than anything Bennie or Liz said,” he added, referring to opening statements from the panel’s chair Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) and its vice chair Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.).

During Thursday’s hearing, the committee played new video showing staffers on Capitol Hill rushing for exits as the mob overtook the Capitol building.

Mulvaney, a former House Republican from South Carolina who served as then-President Trump’s chief of staff until he was replaced in early 2020, joined CBS as a contributor and political analyst in March. His hiring was reportedly met with some consternation from staffers within the network.

Mulvaney served in various roles during the Trump administration, including as Trump’s envoy to Northern Ireland. He resigned from that position a day after the Capitol riot, citing Trump’s handling of the events that day.

more
https://thehill.com/news/media/3518413-mick-mulvaney-jan-6-footage-at-hearing-stunning/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will this turn out to be a Wellstone moment?...time will tell.
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

The reviews are in ... and it was a flop.

Heavily Hyped Primetime Jan 6 Committee Hearing Lands with a Thud
By Bob Hoge | Jun 10, 2022 7:00 AM
The first public hearing of the Select Committee investigating the January 6 Capitol protests concluded Thursday night, and it utterly failed to live up to the hype. The primetime hearing, broadcast live on every major network except for Fox News Channel (which instead ran the hearing on Fox Business), had been promised to “blow the roof off the House.” All current reports indicate that the roof is still there.

Remember in the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings when Kamala Harris glared at Kavanaugh, asked a question, and then threateningly said, “Be sure about your answer, sir”? Whoa! I thought to myself, she’s got something big on him. What did she have? Absolutely nothing. This hearing felt like an hour-long version of that moment.

After much fanfare, the hearing added little in the way of new information and failed to prove that Donald Trump caused the violence. ...
RedState
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO