Author Topic: Cheney's Jan. 6 committee spotlight burns her in Wyoming primary  (Read 556 times)

rebewranger

Cheney's Jan. 6 committee spotlight burns her in Wyoming primary
Marc Caputo - 2h ago

When the House committee investigating the 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol holds its first public hearing Thursday, Rep. Liz Cheney will stand out as the Republican who broke ranks with her party and with former President Donald Trump over his role in inciting the mob.

But that national platform and crusade of hers is contributing to Cheney's undoing with GOP voters at home in Wyoming, according to polls and interviews with state Republicans who say she’s becoming too identified with Washington politics that damage the de facto leader of her own party.

Cheney is trailing her leading GOP primary rival, attorney Harriet Hageman by 28-56 percent, according to a survey chartered by the Hageman-backing super PAC, Wyoming Values, and obtained by NBC News. The survey was conducted by Tony Fabrizio, who also polls for former President Trump. It closely tracks other polls in the state, according to Republican insiders.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cheney-s-jan-6-committee-spotlight-burns-her-in-wyoming-primary/ar-AAYfjru?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cbf0891f6b244f5a9761e655f253a857

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Cheney's Jan. 6 committee spotlight burns her in Wyoming primary
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 12:12:42 pm »
Cheney and more like her are going down, it looks to me.
 :chairbang:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 12:47:47 am »
Let's hope Ms. Cheney is "burnin'" all the bridges behind her...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 12:53:05 am »
???? 28 - 56 percent is quite a spread.  I don't like polls anyways, and these polls reflect exactly why.

Cheney is trailing her leading GOP primary rival, attorney Harriet Hageman by 28-56 percent.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 01:13:01 am »
Her Washington career is over... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 01:42:36 am »

I would love to see it.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 01:57:24 am »
 Cheney: Trump ‘summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack’
by Mychael Schnell - 06/09/22 9:06 PM ET

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) on Thursday laid blame directly on former President Trump for the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot, saying during the House select committee’s hearing that Trump “summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack.”

“Those who invaded our Capitol and battled law enforcement for hours were motivated by what President Trump had told them: that the election was stolen, and that he was the rightful president,” Cheney, the vice chair of the Jan. 6 panel, said in her opening statement, which ran longer than 30 minutes.

“President Trump summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack,” she added.

The comments came minutes into the panel’s first public hearing as it unveiled findings from its nearly yearlong investigation. The committee has conducted more than 1,000 interviews and obtained upwards of 125,000 documents as part of its probe into the Capitol riot.

The hearing is taking place after nearly 11 months of investigating the incident, and just more than 17 months after a mob of pro-Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building.

Before the riot began, Trump told a crowd of people at a nearby rally “we’re going to have to fight much harder” shortly before supporters marched to the Capitol.

“We’re going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol — and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them,” Trump said.

“Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong,” he added at the rally.

Cheney on Thursday said Trump, over a number of months, “oversaw a sophisticated seven-part plan to overturn the presidential election and prevent the transfer of presidential power.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3518354-cheney-trump-summoned-the-mob-assembled-the-mob-and-lit-the-flame-of-this-attack/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2022, 06:36:26 am »
Soooo nobody has been able to point out where Trump said to attack the house and riot. There is no evidence that he started the riot. On the contrary there is evidence he didn't want the riot to happen. Why doesn't the house have commissions to investigate the DCP disciples that have said much worse than what RINO Cheney is accusing Trump of?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2022, 07:45:29 am »

@mystery-ak

And America is a safer place because of it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2022, 10:04:20 am »
???? 28 - 56 percent is quite a spread.  I don't like polls anyways, and these polls reflect exactly why.

Cheney is trailing her leading GOP primary rival, attorney Harriet Hageman by 28-56 percent.
Trump has just a few hundredths of a percentage point below 70% in WY in 2020.

The reaction is predictable, and no political capital she had otherwise can overcome it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2022, 10:05:46 am »
Cheney: Trump ‘summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack’
by Mychael Schnell - 06/09/22 9:06 PM ET

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) on Thursday laid blame directly on former President Trump for the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot, saying during the House select committee’s hearing that Trump “summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack.”

“Those who invaded our Capitol and battled law enforcement for hours were motivated by what President Trump had told them: that the election was stolen, and that he was the rightful president,” Cheney, the vice chair of the Jan. 6 panel, said in her opening statement, which ran longer than 30 minutes.

“President Trump summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack,” she added.

The comments came minutes into the panel’s first public hearing as it unveiled findings from its nearly yearlong investigation. The committee has conducted more than 1,000 interviews and obtained upwards of 125,000 documents as part of its probe into the Capitol riot.

The hearing is taking place after nearly 11 months of investigating the incident, and just more than 17 months after a mob of pro-Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building.

Before the riot began, Trump told a crowd of people at a nearby rally “we’re going to have to fight much harder” shortly before supporters marched to the Capitol.

“We’re going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol — and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them,” Trump said.

“Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong,” he added at the rally.

Cheney on Thursday said Trump, over a number of months, “oversaw a sophisticated seven-part plan to overturn the presidential election and prevent the transfer of presidential power.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3518354-cheney-trump-summoned-the-mob-assembled-the-mob-and-lit-the-flame-of-this-attack/
Folks in Wyoming are never so far from a cow pasture that they can't identify which end of the cow that came out of.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis