Author Topic: Explained: Why You Can’t Stop The U.S. Navy SEALs  (Read 398 times)

rebewranger

Explained: Why You Can’t Stop The U.S. Navy SEALs
« on: June 05, 2022, 01:59:57 pm »
Explained: Why You Can’t Stop The U.S. Navy SEALs

ByBrent M. EastwoodPublished2 days ago
U.S. Navy SEALsImage: U.S. Navy SEALs Facebook page.

Of all the units in the U.S. Special Operations community, you probably know the most about the U.S. Navy SEALs. There are countless books, documentaries, and several movies about SEALs. There is something about these operators that has seized the general public’s imagination. It must be the allure and mystery of the sea and the tremendously difficult training that stirs up so much interest.

Let’s take a look at the SEALs and see if we can shine a light on these maritime and land warfare operators:

Short History of the SEALs

The Navy SEALs were hatched from the Underwater Demolition Teams (UDTs) or “frogmen” from World War Two who operated secretly for the Office of Strategic Services. UDTs mainly prepped beaches for amphibious missions during the war in the Pacific and on D-Day. They conducted reconnaissance and blew up hazards and obstacles. This kept the enemy from stopping landings from the main element of troops attacking from landing craft. Other types of “frogmen” in World War Two units were “Scouts and Raiders” and “Naval Combat Demolition Units.” In 1962, President John F. Kennedy specially acknowledged the existence of SEALs – an acronym that stands for Navy Sea, Air, and Land Teams.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/06/explained-why-you-cant-stop-the-u-s-navy-seals/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Explained: Why You Can’t Stop The U.S. Navy SEALs
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 02:11:37 pm »
Of all the units in the U.S. Special Operations community, you probably know the most about the U.S. Navy SEALs.

That's because, unlike most other operators, some SEALS can't keep their damned mouths shut!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 02:35:51 pm »
That's because, unlike most other operators, some SEALS can't keep their damned mouths shut!

@Bigun

Well,the Navy brass are desperate to have the public see the Navy as "warriors" instead of employees who are floating targets.

I have to admit that I have done some small amount of training and had some minimal contact with a few SEALS,and every damn one of them was as sharp as a tack mentally,and so gung-ho it would make a Marine blush.

Part of this MAY be due to the fact that all the ones I ever spoke with were in their early 20's and relatively "new to the game". Never talked with,or even saw a Senior Chief,and it is the senior NCO's in every branch that are the interesting ones to talk to. Although it does seem like it is the senior NCO's in the SEALS that are doing all the blabbing to the press.

Hope this changes when todays generation become the senior NCO's,but have no faith in it happening. By then,seeking publicity will be a part of the mission,as the Admirals get even more desperate to try to keep the Navy relevant.

If it weren't for the need to have carriers to keep attack fighter-bombers positioned where they need to be when needed,the Navy could be replaced by the Merchant Marines.

Face it,the day of epic sea battles is OVER.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 02:37:14 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 02:38:43 pm »

@Bigun

Well,the fact that the Navy brass never seem to punish those who are allegedy "talking out of school" indicates to ME that they are being encouraged to talk to the press.

Seems to ME that a big part of their mission these days is Public Relations.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 02:39:32 pm by sneakypete »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 06:56:40 pm »
@Bigun

Well,the fact that the Navy brass never seem to punish those who are allegedy "talking out of school" indicates to ME that they are being encouraged to talk to the press.

Seems to ME that a big part of their mission these days is Public Relations.

I know several recently retired SEALS who do not appreciate those with big mouths one bit. I strongly suspect there are more of them.  @sneakypete

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 07:05:57 pm »
I know several recently retired SEALS who do not appreciate those with big mouths one bit. I strongly suspect there are more of them.  @sneakypete

@Bigun

I suspect those were the ones on the hot "go teams". Like every other organization in the world,there are always the "star players" and the "backup teams".

If you are the "coach",you "play" the guys with the best chance of winning.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 07:13:24 pm »
@Bigun

I suspect those were the ones on the hot "go teams". Like every other organization in the world,there are always the "star players" and the "backup teams".

If you are the "coach",you "play" the guys with the best chance of winning.

Your suspissions would be correct @sneakypete

- J. R. R. Tolkien