Author Topic: Biden’s Navy Secretary: The Existential Threat Is Climate Change  (Read 228 times)

rebewranger

Biden’s Navy Secretary: The Existential Threat Is Climate Change
This administration is lost at sea.
by FRANCIS P. SEMPA
May 29, 2022, 11:12 PM

Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro just released “Climate Action 2030,” a 32-page report which identifies climate change as an “existential threat” to the U.S. Navy and the nation. In the report’s Foreword, Del Toro writes that climate is “the focal point” for his tenure as Navy Secretary, and notes that both President Biden and Defense Secretary Austin share that view. The Navy Department, Del Toro writes, will be an “environmental leader” that takes “bold climate action.” We have come a long way since Alfred Thayer Mahan, the great sea power strategist and historian, with the full support of Navy Secretary Benjamin Tracy, steered our naval leaders to focus on sea command, strategic chokepoints, and sea lines of communication in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. And we have come a long way since Navy Secretaries like James Forrestal contributed to the geopolitical strategy of containment in the late 1940s, and John Lehman and Jim Webb promoted a 600-ship navy and maritime strategy for winning the Cold War.

The Navy Department report establishes two performance goals: to “build climate resilience” and “reduce climate threat.” Del Toro’s stated goal is to have the Navy Department “reduce its greenhouse gas emissions,” “stabilize ecosystems,” and “achieve … net-zero emissions by 2050.” Compare that to the goal of our nation’s most threatening naval adversary — China’s PLA Navy — which is to become the world’s leading naval power by 2049.

The Navy Department report is filled with color photographs of hurricanes, floods, electric vehicles, military families participating in an “oyster castle installation,” naval installations with solar panels, naval officers helping with disaster relief efforts, employees at a naval base planting salt marsh plants, electric-powered amphibious assault ships, and naval officers helping to install “mosquito surveillance and control equipment.” There are no photos of naval warfare, no references to Mahan, no discussion of the challenge posed by the PLA Navy.

https://spectator.org/bidens-navy-secretary-the-existential-threat-is-climate-change/

rebewranger

Re: Biden’s Navy Secretary: The Existential Threat Is Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 03:17:41 pm »
The military should start being honest and stop denying they have gone woke!! :3:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 03:22:11 pm »
It could also be telling the boss what he wants to hear to get more funding for their new, shiny weapons programs to 'combat climate change' ... and they may also work against the Chi-coms and Russians.

Bureaucrats are only intersted in increasing budget and head count.  They never let a good "cri$i$" go to waste ... even imaginary ones with real money.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 04:16:17 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 03:33:53 pm »
:facepalm2:

But not, of course, the CCP.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 03:38:55 pm »
Everything about or related to so called 'climate change' is ALWAYS about the dollar. It is all about money and nothing else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 04:51:30 pm »
Yes, Virginia, the threat IS Climate Change.

Not because it happens, which it has done for 4.6 BILLION years,

But because of the policies being enacted in the insane hubris of those who claim they can do one damned thing to stop it, and the religious fervor with which adherents believe them.

The echoes of this will make the likes of Piltdown Man seem rational by comparison. **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 05:29:51 pm »
 'The Existential Threat Is'.....hypersonic missiles.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 10:09:51 pm »
Sumthin' tells me that "Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro" was picked for that position on the basis of his last name above all other factors...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 10:28:39 pm »
Sorry Taiwan....
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 10:31:37 pm »
Dear Carlos:

The 'existential' threat IS Biden and his woke cronies like you.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.