Author Topic: Cornyn and Murphy to meet virtually to attempt "basic framework" for gun proposals  (Read 432 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cornyn and Murphy to meet virtually to attempt "basic framework" for gun proposals

By Scott MacFarlane, Kathryn Watson

Updated on: May 30, 2022 / 8:01 PM / CBS News

One Republican senator and one Democratic senator are hoping they can find some common ground on gun reforms that will garner enough Republican support to pass the 60-vote threshold in the Senate in the wake of the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children and two adults dead.

Republican Senator John Cornyn and Democratic Senator Chris Murphy will meet virtually on Tuesday to "see if we can agree on a basic framework" about how to go forward on gun legislation proposals, according to an aide to Cornyn. An aide to Murphy confirmed the senator "is participating in tomorrow's meeting and will be holding meetings throughout the week."

Their offices are not specifying if other members will join this bipartisan attempt at considering areas of agreement on gun reforms. The White House declined an invitation from CBS News' "Face the Nation" to have a member of the administration join the show Sunday, saying they were leaving it up to Congress to act, moderator and senior foreign affairs correspondent Margaret Brennan told viewers Sunday.

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cornyn-murphy-senators-meeting-gun-legislation-proposals/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And I am betting their armed bodyguards will be with them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

I'm betting that if the Rino's cave on gun confiscation the mid terms will not be anywhere near as great as are expected.

Why vote for Rat lite?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Killer Clouds

It doesn't matter what they do it will not solve the problem. What law would have stopped what happened? Many laws were broken in Uvalde including multiple 1st degree murders. This is not a gun problem.

Online mountaineer

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
House Republicans apparently haven't even seen the Dems' gun bills which are being released at 10am ET.
Yet weak @GOPLeader is dead silent and useless Senate @LeaderMcConnell is demanding the GOP work with these America hating Constitution stomping savages.
9:21 AM · May 31, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

It doesn't matter what they do it will not solve the problem. What law would have stopped what happened? Many laws were broken in Uvalde including multiple 1st degree murders. This is not a gun problem.
I'm really torn on this AR issue.  As a hunter who has only once fired an AR-15 I still can't see the use for the gun, except for protecting yourself against an army.  If this psychopath wouldn't have had his AR it's likely there wouldn't have been near the fatalities.  Heck....I still can't believe it's legal to own tannerite.   :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: 

Offline dfwgator

I'm betting that if the Rino's cave on gun confiscation the mid terms will not be anywhere near as great as are expected.

Why vote for Rat lite?

I'd just as soon vote for the Rat and cut our enemies in half.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@bilo

At first glance,that DOES seem to be the plan the RINO's and the Dims have came up with to try to prevent conservatives from taking control.

These people ALL serve only themselves. This is WHY they must lose all power and be voted out of office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Killer Clouds

I'm really torn on this AR issue.  As a hunter who has only once fired an AR-15 I still can't see the use for the gun, except for protecting yourself against an army.  If this psychopath wouldn't have had his AR it's likely there wouldn't have been near the fatalities.  Heck....I still can't believe it's legal to own tannerite.   :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
He could have done the same amount of damage with a handgun in the same situation. After he took out the 2 adults there were only children left in the classroom. Who was going to even have a possibility to take down the shooter at that point? The fact is the shooter could have used any weapon with the same results. The firearm is not the problem.  Why shouldn't it be legal to own tannerite? If YOU don't see the reason to own an AR-15 or tannerite DON'T BUY THEM. That is no reason to tell others they can't.

Offline bilo

I'd just as soon vote for the Rat and cut our enemies in half.

I'm with you!

It's long past time for the Pubs to stand up and fight. If they won't then there is no point in supporting them.

My 2nd Amend. rights are not for the govt. to control they exist for me to protect myself from govt.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LottieDah

Enacting new laws, rules and regulations do not make evil people good. Evil people are still going to do evil things no matter what.

Offline Idiot

Enacting new laws, rules and regulations do not make evil people good. Evil people are still going to do evil things no matter what.
:amen: