Author Topic: Joe Biden Suggests Americans Owning AR-15s Are ‘Sick’ People Who Want to ‘Kill Someone’  (Read 1139 times)

Offline roamer_1

Apparently, Joe believes people who own 9mm handguns also are sick people who want to remove another person's internal organs.He added, "The Constitution, the Second Amendment was never absolute. You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed," Biden said. "I think things have gotten so bad that everybody is getting more rational about it."

That is not true.

I'd say a 9mm is quite a nice gun for self protection.  :pondering:

Not for griz. Might as well be a peashooter. Maybe that colors things, but around here, everyone is packing .40, .44mag, or .45

Online mountaineer

We don't have grizzlies here, just bad guys. 9mm is sufficient.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nobody can walk into a store and buy an assault weapon. There is no such thing as an assault weapon. Traitor Joe and the people telling him what to say are idiots.

@Killer Clouds

Yes,there is. On a small scale,they are all full-auto rifles. On a larger scale they are artillery pieces and tanks or other armored vehicles.

In this day and time,there is no such critter as a semi-auto "assault rifle".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Biden is just lying as usual.   

@cato potatoe

To be lying,he would have to be lucid. Since he isn't,he is just babbling nonsense he has been told to say,and doesn't have the first clue about what any of it means.

You just know the entire rest of the world just looks at him on news broadcasts,with their jaws hung open in shock at the fact that THIS creature is the current President of probably the most powerful nation on the planet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
M1A is much better. Much like an AR-15, but bigger bullet, longer range... and it doesn't look scary at all.

@AARguy @mountaineer

Stick with the AR-15. A M1A has a pretty heavy recoil,and there are damn few women who will enjoy shooting one well enough to become accustomed to it enough to be able to shoot it accurately.

To become a really good shot,you MUST do a lot of shooting. You will NOT enjoy shooting a M1A.

BTW,if you insist on shooting a .308 caliber rifle,look for a FN-FAL. They were made and sold all over the world,and have adjustable gas systems so you can adjust the settings to reduce recoil. Be aware that non-US surplus .308 ammo is all over the place when it comes to pressure levels. This is especially true if you buy surplus machine gun ammo. Try to shoot Argentine or Israeli .308/7.62mm ammo in a M1A and it will beat both you and the rifle to death.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 02:34:46 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Apparently, Joe believes people who own 9mm handguns also are sick people who want to remove another person's internal organs.He added, "The Constitution, the Second Amendment was never absolute. You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed," Biden said. "I think things have gotten so bad that everybody is getting more rational about it."

@mountaineer

Well,yeah,in FACT,you could,and in FACT,you still can if you have the money. Steven Speilberg has a couple of mobile Soviet rocket launchers,complete with the missiles.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That is not true.

Not for griz. Might as well be a peashooter. Maybe that colors things, but around here, everyone is packing .40, .44mag, or .45

@roamer_1

You should have been more specific,and mentioned it was a 45 caliber Long Colt round you were talking about,not a 45ACP. Don't get me wrong,I DEARLY love my custom Combat Commander in 45 ACP,but it ain't a bear gun. Not even with my "Banzi!" hand loads.

Truth to tell,neither is a 45 LC round,but it damn sure comes a lot closer with the right load and bullet. When it comes to brown bears,I much prefer something like an A1E Skyraider. There is no such thing as "too much  brown bear gun".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

As a wise man once noted,"a 9mm is a 45ACP set on "stun"."

Offline Killer Clouds

@roamer_1

You should have been more specific,and mentioned it was a 45 caliber Long Colt round you were talking about,not a 45ACP. Don't get me wrong,I DEARLY love my custom Combat Commander in 45 ACP,but it ain't a bear gun. Not even with my "Banzi!" hand loads.

Truth to tell,neither is a 45 LC round,but it damn sure comes a lot closer with the right load and bullet. When it comes to brown bears,I much prefer something like an A1E Skyraider. There is no such thing as "too much  brown bear gun".
.454 casull  is a very good bear round. A friend has a Judge handgun that fires .410, 45LC and 454 casull.

Offline roamer_1

LEOs up in here all carry .40 Sig or .45 S&W M&P  :shrug: Jussayin.

Offline roamer_1

@sneakypete
Kinda makes no difference... If I am pulling a pistol it's because the 45/70 is empty already, thrown aside, and/or the problem is close in and personal... And I am having a really bad day, no matter what at that point. What works best there (IMHO) is fat lead and as many as I can put into it as possible.

Mostly that would argue toward ACP, but I have already told you my preference toward a Colt. Familiarity means I can mechanically, confidently, put all six where they go... Which is more likely than any extra I might get out of an ACP. The 1911 is still awkward to me. But that's just me. Many, many years with a Colt. It's a piece of me.

Nothing in a hand gun is enough. Any hand gun is a last act of defiance. Moose or griz, particularly. Truth be known, I would rather have a 12ga. full of double ought or slugs, even better... But I settle for a lever gun for the extra distance and versatility in the bush. The handgun is the absolute last gasp. If I am past that, down to knife and tommy, I am not likely to walk off at the end. Just a bare fact.

A dangerous man ain't no different. Distance and cover are way better than up close.  I reckon I'd prefer 500 yds to 50 yds, any day. It's how I know best to do.  :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Puddin' Brain just made the case for owning an AR-15 in .223/5.56.

It's a smaller bullet than a 9mm therefore not as powerful.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 12:46:09 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

.45 is not so convenient for concealed carry for us females. I am aware the cops carry them, however.

Our church security team carries 9mm (except Mr. M, with a .38 spcl), and the cop who trained us thinks it's sufficient for our situation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@roamer_1

I have a lever-action rifle in 45 LC.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have a lever-action rifle in 45 LC.

@Cyber Liberty

I gotta admit,I have always lusted after a lever gun in 45LC or .444 Marlin. Just couldn't never justify spending the money,though. Since getting out of the army,I have done my level best to try to avoid walking in the woods anywhere.