Author Topic: Nearly 1 in 4 of Elon Musk’s Twitter followers are fake: report  (Read 215 times)

Offline Kamaji

Nearly 1 in 4 of Elon Musk’s Twitter followers are fake: report

By Ariel Zilber
May 18, 2022

Nearly one out of every four of Elon Musk’s Twitter followers are either spam or bot accounts, according to researchers.

Musk, who has signaled he may pull out of his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter because of the prevalence of fake bots, has a total of 93.8 million followers on the social media platform.

Of those, more than 23.42% of them are either fake or spam accounts, according to two research groups whose findings were reported by Business Insider.

SparkToro and Followerwonk conducted an audit of Musk’s Twitter followers.

The two companies said they used a system of 17 warning signals. They also deployed an algorithm that scanned through 35,000 fake accounts that were bought by SparkToro.

The two firms also separately marked 50,000 accounts as non-spam.

Musk followers that were flagged for multiple signals were rated low quality or fake.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/18/nearly-1-in-4-of-elon-musks-twitter-followers-are-fake-report/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Nearly 1 in 4 of Elon Musk’s Twitter followers are fake: report
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 06:37:07 pm »
Are these the same people who wrote the fackchecker bots?

Did twitter have fake accounts sign up to follow Elon Musk so they could declare a fourth of his accounts fake?

How does this address the other bots and fake accounts on Twitter (it doesn't, and if this is somehow supposed to be a counter charge to his questioning fake accounts there, the stupidity of it is that it only proves his point.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 09:36:31 pm »
 Ok so who put those fake followers there and did Twitter just make Musks point that Twitter is overvalued because of all the fake accounts? Way to shoot yourself in the foot Twitter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 09:59:05 pm »
If 1/4 spam bots are correlatable to the entire Twitter-verse, TWTR has grossly over estimated acutal users, which IS a financial benchmark in disclosure statments 10-K.   I think there is enough ammo now for the SEC to round up Dorsey and his hacks and burn them at the stake.

This mofo was no better than Madoff, and has skimmed a hell of a lot more people (investors) and money than Ponzi Bernie ever did.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 01:10:21 pm »
And half of Joe Biden's twitter followers have been found to be fake, or "bots." Funny how that works.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 03:28:49 pm »
I wonder how, exactly, they can prove an account is a bot, as opposed to just be idle.

And...didn't Twitter just transfer the official Presidential handle to Puddin-head on 1/20/2021?  I recall a kerfluffle over Twit keeping all the MAGA followers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: