Author Topic: Corporations don’t care if BLM is wasting their money — they were just buying PR  (Read 119 times)

Offline Kamaji

Corporations don’t care if BLM is wasting their money — they were just buying PR

By Adam Coleman
May 17, 2022

Never let a good tragedy go to waste — because there’s too much money to be made.

After the tragic death of George Floyd, the organization of Black Lives Matter took the forefront of supposed racial advocacy and reckoning. To believe that black lives mattered, we were supposed to blindly support any organization that feigned supporting these efforts.

Now, two years after Floyd’s death, we are finally asking questions about an organization that had more name recognition in one year than any marketing firm could have ever dreamed of.

On Tuesday, Black Lives Matter Global Foundation’s 990 Tax Form was made public and we were able to get a glimpse into their finances as a 501(c)3 non-profit. From purchasing homes for millions of dollars to paying family members exorbitant amounts of money for arbitrary services, we are left wondering if this organization did the same thing they claim to want to stop, which is exploitation.

Black Lives Matter was corporate America’s favorite funnel for racial philanthropy and, despite the dubious ways Black Lives Matter seems to be spending their money, none of these corporations regret their purchase. It was never truly about providing funding for change but providing the illusion of supporting change with the added benefit of a tax write-off.

I highly doubt Jeff Bezos read Black Lives Matters’ mission statement about advocating for the abolishment of the nuclear family, police, and prisons before shelling out hundreds of thousands to an organization with an extreme vision. It was a public relations gift horse that they had no intention of looking in the mouth.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/17/corporations-dont-care-if-blm-is-wasting-money-they-were-buying-pr/

Offline Kamaji

That would go not just for corporations, but for most of the contributors to BLM:  they don't care what happens with the money, because they weren't actually trying to help solve a legitimate problem, they were pharisees, who just wanted to virtue signal in the public square.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why should corporations care about throwing away shareholders' money to keep the BLM spotlight off their own organizations and business practices?

BLM was just another shakedown / protection racket.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Perception of BLM in 2020 is a 180 of what it is in 2022.

Even the woke companies are realizing that BLM was institutionalized racism at its onset.  The process of quietly extracting from that debacle is underway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
That would go not just for corporations, but for most of the contributors to BLM:  they don't care what happens with the money, because they weren't actually trying to help solve a legitimate problem, they were pharisees, who just wanted to virtue signal in the public square.

In a sane society and honest unbiased justice system, the DOJ should be investigating terrrorist activities of BLM and their allies Antifa. 

The fact that the destruction of the riots of 2020 are going unpunished has left a pit in the gut of many many Americans.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.