Author Topic: Poll: Republicans Expand Lead on Generic Ballot  (Read 589 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Republicans Expand Lead on Generic Ballot
« on: May 04, 2022, 12:50:22 am »
Poll: Republicans Expand Lead on Generic Ballot

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton3 May 20220
3:28

Republicans have increased their lead to seven points over Democrats on a generic ballot, according to the most recent Fox News poll.

If the midterm elections were held today, 46 percent of voters would support the Republican candidate compared to just 39 percent for the Democrat candidate in their congressional district.

With a seven-point advantage, Republicans have increased their lead by two points since the last Fox News poll, conducted last month. This advantage is the largest Republicans have held this year and would likely result in a 44-seat swing in the House and an 11-seat swing in the U.S. Senate, according to Fox News.

Fox News Republican pollster Daron Shaw said this seven-point lead could result in a “wave” election for the GOP. Shaw said:

The congressional ballot numbers are highly correlated with changes in the partisan distribution of seats. They may bounce around quite a bit in the next few months, but if we see a 7-point Republican advantage in the national vote this fall, we’re going to see a wave election for the GOP.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/03/poll-republicans-expand-lead-on-generic-ballot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Poll: Republicans Expand Lead on Generic Ballot
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 04:00:19 am »
Polls mean nothing.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 01:47:07 pm »
Polls mean nothing.

Again...simply untrue. Ignorance and confidence are a dangerous combination...and conservatives cannot afford to be either at this point.

Polls don't mean what most people THINK they mean, but they do mean something to those who know...and are willing...to read the internals with an impartial eye.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 01:49:20 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 02:41:37 pm »
Again...simply untrue. Ignorance and confidence are a dangerous combination...and conservatives cannot afford to be either at this point.

Polls don't mean what most people THINK they mean, but they do mean something to those who know...and are willing...to read the internals with an impartial eye.
Polls mean nothing even to <redacted> that think they know something.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:49:11 pm by MOD7 »

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 03:49:38 pm »
@Killer Clouds - No personal insults.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 06:05:16 pm »
Polls mean nothing even to <redacted> that think they know something.

[Edit by Mod -- two wrongs don't make a right. Stop insulting one another and stick to the topic.]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 01:25:27 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 12:21:24 am »
I'm still struggling with rewarding McConnell and McCarthy with promotions.

I may actually stand down.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 12:25:10 am »
I'm still struggling with rewarding McConnell and McCarthy with promotions.

I may actually stand down.

:whistle: :seeya:

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 01:23:54 am »
:whistle: :seeya:

I'm really struggling with this @roamer_1   ....  it's rather surprised me; and not in a good way.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 01:29:46 am »
I'm really struggling with this @roamer_1   ....  it's rather surprised me; and not in a good way.

:shrug:  :beer:

I didn't come to where I am without reason, darlin. And if BOTH sides are doing dirty, how will anything ever go anywhere but down? The forefathers wanted us to vote for what we believe. And it is seriously the only way it will work. I ain't lying. Principles, not people.

@Right_in_Virginia

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 01:26:14 pm »
You shouldn’t transpose your own inability to read them…on others who can. You’re like a blind man who assumes everyone else is also blind…except for those “aholes” who pompously claim they have 20/20 vision.
Polls mean nothing. Your reading something into worthless polls also means nothing.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2022, 09:04:39 pm »
Polls mean nothing. Your reading something into worthless polls also means nothing.

I’ll stick with my original quote…your comments reinforce its validity.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2022, 01:42:31 am »
I’ll stick with my original quote…your comments reinforce its validity.
Polls mean nothing. Your comments reinforce that comment. When you have to read something into a poll that means it's invalid and worthless.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 01:46:38 am by Killer Clouds »

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 09:09:29 pm »
:shrug:  :beer:

I didn't come to where I am without reason, darlin. And if BOTH sides are doing dirty, how will anything ever go anywhere but down? The forefathers wanted us to vote for what we believe. And it is seriously the only way it will work. I ain't lying. Principles, not people.

@Right_in_Virginia

I think it takes both principles and people @roamer_1   I suspect you're taking a swipe at Trump here .... I do appreciate the subtility, not the conclusion.

We've always had our principles.  But they are mired under some distorted overarching belief that we shouldn't have to fight for them --- that we shouldn't have to get dirt under our fingernails.  If we really want to take back this country, we're going to have to march into the mud and defeat the enemy where they live and breed.  This takes people led by a fighter.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2022, 09:53:26 pm »
I think it takes both principles and people @roamer_1   I suspect you're taking a swipe at Trump here .... I do appreciate the subtility, not the conclusion.

Actually not, @Right_in_Virginia I very specifically remained generic to avoid a pointing finger.

As to the rest - Fighting is fine. But never wrestle with a pig... That's the thing.
You want down and dirty... Give me a Tom Delay. I will vote for that every time.

I read somewhere that it takes a better man to be a gentleman... It implies a constitution of spring steel... That he is a gentleman because he chooses to be, which takes much more discipline and control than being boorish.

That's what I am looking for. And I will continue to seek out and demand excellence.

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 09:56:27 pm »
Actually not, @Right_in_Virginia I very specifically remained generic to avoid a pointing finger.

As to the rest - Fighting is fine. But never wrestle with a pig... That's the thing.
You want down and dirty... Give me a Tom Delay. I will vote for that every time.

I read somewhere that it takes a better man to be a gentleman... It implies a constitution of spring steel... That he is a gentleman because he chooses to be, which takes much more discipline and control than being boorish.

That's what I am looking for. And I will continue to seek out and demand excellence.

Good luck  :beer:

Online roamer_1

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2022, 10:35:36 pm »
Poll: Republicans Expand Lead on Generic Ballot.....But how about the geriatric ballot?  Can the Republicans compete?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 04:58:13 pm »
If only we couldbeat Republicans out of existence, for misdemeanors, and give it all over to felonious Democrats, and with a magic wand we could all  live in the promised land, utopian land of the WOKE.
 :reaper: ////00000//// :reaper:
I could continue but even this sarcasm is far to embarrassing to emulate.  Like Biden, let the fools and degenerate/depraved have their way, right?  Biden is proof, and yet the willfully blind can't see it!  How brazenly they demand, more of the same!
 22222frying pan
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Absalom

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2022, 12:48:12 am »
If only we could beat Republicans out of existence, for misdemeanors, and give it all over to felonious Democrats, and with a magic wand we could all live in the promised land, utopian land of the WOKE.

I could continue but even this sarcasm is far to embarrassing to emulate. 

Like Biden, let the fools and degenerate/depraved have their way, right?  Biden is proof, and yet the willfully blind can't see it!  How brazenly they demand, more of the same!

Hmmm.................have we been invaded from another Planet??????????