Author Topic: From now on, Disney will remain quiet about politics, report says  (Read 1551 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
From now on, Disney will remain quiet about politics, report says
'It was shock and awe'
WND News Services By WND News Services
Published April 28, 2022 at 2:14pm

By Laurel Duggan
Daily Caller News Foundation

Disney plans to keep quiet about politics after publicly sparring with Florida’s Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis over legislation related to LGBT content in education, according to The Wall Street Journal.

DeSantis signed a law eliminating Disney’s Reedy Creek Improvement District Friday, ending special administrative and tax privileges the company had enjoyed since 1967 after the company came out against Florida’s Parental Rights in Education bill. Disney’s political allies in the Florida legislature said the company’s best bet at finding a resolution with DeSantis now is to stay out of politics, according to the WSJ.

“This was shock and awe from the governor,” Republican Florida state Sen. Jeff Brandes, who voted against the Disney bill told the WSJ. “It just shows how big a challenge Disney faced in saying anything at all in the legislative process.”

Republican lawmakers reportedly told Adam Babington, Disney’s top government affairs official in Florida, that the company may be able to salvage their special district if they stepped out of the public fight, according to the WSJ.

more
https://www.wnd.com/2022/04/now-disney-will-remain-quiet-politics-report-says/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: From now on, Disney will remain quiet about politics, report says
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 03:05:19 pm »
DeSantis told Disney to STFU or there would be consequences.  They learned the hard way.

Disney needs to fire their CEO, Chappaquiddick (Or what ever his name is) dude.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 02:39:30 pm »
I believe the shareholders are the ones who told Disney to shut up even more than DeSantis did.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 03:59:00 pm »
I believe the shareholders are the ones who told Disney to shut up even more than DeSantis did.
I don't believe the extremists running Disney are capable of shutting up, oh they may drop the narrative to a murmur for a short time but the mentally ill and zealots are incapable of shutting up any more than the religious extremist on the corner preaching about the end of the world. As a matter of fact the leaders at Disney are religious extremists, their religion is Gaia worship and transgender alphabetsouperism and their demand that we drink their Kool-Aid will not be silenced.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 06:26:09 pm »
Don Surber, "Call it Spaying and Neutering Kids ":
Normal people are winning.

Via Kane at Citizen Free Press, Variety reported, "The Walt Disney Company is parting ways with Geoff Morrell, its head of corporate affairs, after a series of public relations debacles.

"Morrell, ousted after less than four months on the job, joined Disney in January from a post as the executive vice president of communications and advocacy at oil and gas company BP. But the transition was bumpy, coinciding with a bruising period in which Disney CEO Bob Chapek was faulted for his stumbling response to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” DON'T GROOM KIDS law. Disney said Morell is 'leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.'

"His role will be split in half. Kristina Schake will lead The Walt Disney Company’s communications efforts, serving as our executive vice president of global communications reporting directly to Chapek. Schake joined Disney in April, and was previously deputy communications director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. She also served in the Obama and Biden administrations." ...

The Disney shake-up barely registers on the Richter scale. One perverted Marxist is gone. Another replaces him. The replacement worked for Hillary in 2016. I wonder if the replacement came up with that Basket of Deplorables line. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 03:42:36 pm »
I don't believe the extremists running Disney are capable of shutting up, oh they may drop the narrative to a murmur for a short time but the mentally ill and zealots are incapable of shutting up any more than the religious extremist on the corner preaching about the end of the world. As a matter of fact the leaders at Disney are religious extremists, their religion is Gaia worship and transgender alphabetsouperism and their demand that we drink their Kool-Aid will not be silenced.

They won't stop, they'll just do it more stealthly. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 07:14:05 pm »
They won't stop, they'll just do it more stealthly.

Yup.

Not good enough. No way I would cross their threshold ever again. ANY Disney property or product.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 07:22:21 pm »
Yup.

Not good enough. No way I would cross their threshold ever again. ANY Disney property or product.

'Cause it's a-too laten baby, it's a-too laten now...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 07:29:51 pm »
'Cause it's a-too laten baby, it's a-too laten now...

happy77

Yep... To quote the Eagles... Already Gone...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 09:11:33 pm »
The biggest takeaway here is that a Republican did something totally out of character here.  He actually fought back.  And he won.

So while we're on Carole King

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 11:06:30 pm »
The biggest takeaway here is that a Republican did something totally out of character here.  He actually fought back.  And he won.

So while we're on Carole King

Is this true what happened in Georgia on Delta contained in this article? @Hoodat
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,468204.msg2635000.html#msg2635000
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 11:34:45 pm »

QFT, I agree....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2022, 12:53:50 am »
Is this true what happened in Georgia on Delta contained in this article? @Hoodat
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,468204.msg2635000.html#msg2635000

@IsailedawayfromFR

I'm not following what you are trying to say.  I did not see anything about Delta or Georgia in that post.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2022, 12:52:29 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR

I'm not following what you are trying to say.  I did not see anything about Delta or Georgia in that post.
Within referenced article. Note it says Disney's values But the writer meant Delta's values

A good example is Ed Bastian at Delta a few years ago, the Georgia legislature, withdrew a $41 billion-- a million dollar tax break that they got on a fuel savings. They've been giving it for 30, 40 years. And he stood up, and he said Disney's values are not for sale. A year later, the legislature restored that and retroactively.

So in the end, Disney didn't really throw out-- Delta didn't really get hurt by that.
@Hoodat
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 12:54:42 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2022, 01:05:09 am »
Within referenced article. Note it says Disney's values But the writer meant Delta's values

A good example is Ed Bastian at Delta a few years ago, the Georgia legislature, withdrew a $41 billion-- a million dollar tax break that they got on a fuel savings. They've been giving it for 30, 40 years. And he stood up, and he said Disney's values are not for sale. A year later, the legislature restored that and retroactively.

So in the end, Disney didn't really throw out-- Delta didn't really get hurt by that.
@Hoodat

If you are expecting anything courageous out of Georgia Republicans, you will be disappointed.  We just found out that Kemp went along with the mask mandates and the shutdowns because he was trying to land business from Rivian.  The entire State had to endure that because of the demands of one company.  No telling how many jobs permanently lost during the Covid scam, just so Kemp could get his Rivian kickbacks.

The Georgia GOP is as corrupt as they come.  They loathe small-government Conservatives like me.  I have a friend running for Congress.  She is constantly butting heads with the Party.  So they hand-picked a candidate to run against her in the primary, paid his entrance fees, and funded his campaign.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2022, 01:23:36 am »
If you are expecting anything courageous out of Georgia Republicans, you will be disappointed.  We just found out that Kemp went along with the mask mandates and the shutdowns because he was trying to land business from Rivian.  The entire State had to endure that because of the demands of one company.  No telling how many jobs permanently lost during the Covid scam, just so Kemp could get his Rivian kickbacks.

The Georgia GOP is as corrupt as they come.  They loathe small-government Conservatives like me.  I have a friend running for Congress.  She is constantly butting heads with the Party.  So they hand-picked a candidate to run against her in the primary, paid his entrance fees, and funded his campaign.
Sad to see it in the state of Newt and Give 'Em Hell, Zell
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 01:48:49 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2022, 02:09:20 am »
Even if they go into stealth mode, their philosophies will bleed over into their products.

That will not be purged, they just won't talk about it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 02:11:36 am »
Yup.

I'm just hoping they'll sell off Marvel so it can be fun again.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 02:11:38 am »
Sad to see it in the state of Newt and Give 'Em Hell, Zell

I lived in GA when Zell was in office.  Loved him. Hated the other douche who led the Clinton Impeachment.  forget his name now...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2022, 02:15:04 am »
I'm just hoping they'll sell off Marvel so it can be fun again.

Sorry... The occult crap in Marvel is just as bad, and always has been. It's just that most folks don't know what they're looking at.  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2022, 02:16:36 am »
Sorry... The occult crap in Marvel is just as bad, and always has been. It's just that most folks don't know what they're looking at.  :whistle:
Not likely to happen, anyway. It's no doubt a moneymaker, and it is getting darker all the time.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2022, 02:18:39 am »
I lived in GA when Zell was in office.  Loved him. Hated the other douche who led the Clinton Impeachment.  forget his name now...

Zell Was great! Wasn't it him that looked at a pic of some senator or another on a yacht with some bimbo, and said in quintessential genteel southern humor, something like:

"well, I declare... It seems like the good senator has changed his position on off-shore drillin'

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2022, 02:20:14 am »
Not likely to happen, anyway. It's no doubt a moneymaker, and it is getting darker all the time.

That's a fact, I'll tell you what.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2022, 02:22:24 am »

Bob Barr.