Author Topic: What Are Your Memories From Two Years of the COVID Cult?  (Read 670 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Are Your Memories From Two Years of the COVID Cult?
« on: April 25, 2022, 01:06:12 pm »
By Jim Thompson | Apr 24, 2022 8:45 PM ET

After a Federal Judge found that the CDC overstepped its authority by mandating masks, the left stepped in to declare, among other things, that the judge was too young. Joy Reid and other talking heads declared people would die because there was no mask mandate. They won’t, but that got me thinking about the madness.

Two days ago, I was forced to get a COVID test. I’m “going under the knife” in a few days, and the surgeon needs assurances that I’m not COVID positive. I sat in my car, while a tech dressed in surgical scrubs and wearing a pull-down plastic facemask, along with an N95, wrote down my insurance info. Before she walked to the next car, she demanded that I put a mask on, in my car, alone. I politely smiled and answered, “No.”

The most absurd impact, for me, was golf. Courses were shut down. When they eventually reopened, the flagpoles had an attachment so the holes were covered; the ball wouldn’t drop in the hole. Apparently COVID was lurking down there, like a scary clown, ready to grab fingers and infect golfers. Sand rakes were removed. You could drive to a course with another person, but you couldn’t ride in a shared cart. And masks were required on courses.

more
https://redstate.com/jimthompson/2022/04/24/what-are-your-memories-from-two-years-of-the-covid-cult-n555498
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: What Are Your Memories From Two Years of the COVID Cult?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 01:12:33 pm »
The one plus about Covid is it opened a lot of peoples eyes of what authoritarianism looks like. I knew when they did the so-called two weeks shut down to flatten the curve that it would extend beyond that. Once the government gets power, especially power that it normally wouldn’t have, they don’t give that up so easily
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 01:31:32 pm »
I had my first hip surgery just as the 'rona panic was starting (Feb. 2020), but it took place as scheduled without incident - no masks, no testing. A couple of weeks later, and they would have been forced to postpone it for at least six months, by which time I would have been bedbound and completely immobile. The surgery center was shut down for quite a while. Fifteen months later, I had the second hip done. I first had to get Covid tested. They wanted me to sit in the car and wait for them to call me in. I told them I didn't have a cell phone, so they let me in the building.

I remember our church being shut down in March 2020 for "two weeks three months to flatten the curve," so that no in-person worship was permitted (Pennsylvania's response, led at the time by Rachel "Dick" Levine, was draconian). The pastor had to scramble, and started parking lot services with a radio feed, which ultimately led to live streaming, which continues to this day. There were no Easter services that year. Thankfully, we resumed in-person but masked services around Fathers' Day. We were sanitizing like mad and having our temperatures checked at the door.

And then there's haircuts. For the first several months, hair salons and barber shops were shut down, and we all went around looking like mops. When they were permitted to reopen, we had to wear masks while getting our hair done, so the stylist had to maneuver the scissors without snipping the ear loops.  *****rollingeyes*****

Restaurants were closed, and many failed. When they finally reopened, we tried to patronize them as often as we could. They were required to reduce capacity, taking out tables and chairs. We went to a brewpub in Washington, Pa., and they had little signs on every other stool at the bar saying, "This seat reserved for Gov. Wolf."

Our local public golf course had a notice at the clubhouse telling people not to touch the flagsticks - just leave them in. As we all know, thousands of people contracted the virus from flagsticks.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 01:53:28 pm »
For me, it was in the first three months of the pandemic when the science changed every 5 minutes ... confusing people and destroying trust in our "scieintific" institutions and "scientists" ...

1.) The CDC flubbed covid testing.
2.) Covid-19/SARS2 could live on surfaces, but was not airborne.
3.) Covid-19/SARS2 was airborne, but only dangerous with co-morbidities.
4.) Covid-19/SARS2 was only contagious from long exposure in enclosed environments.
5.) Children were less likely to contract Covid-19/SARS2 and and less likely to die.
6.) The experts were wrong, and Governments had to shutdown the world out of an abundance of caution.
7.) The Great Toilet Paper Shortage of Spring 2020

... it was a time when the "experts" couldn't admit they didn't know as much as they'd like us to believe they did.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:56:41 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 01:54:32 pm »
The idiotic toilet paper and paper towel shortages, and running around town at odd hours following up "leads" that this store or that store had some supplies on sale.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 03:40:04 pm »
The idiotic toilet paper and paper towel shortages, and running around town at odd hours following up "leads" that this store or that store had some supplies on sale.
That was short lived for me once stores started having early hours just for seniors and I could make my purchase while there was still TP on the shelves.
I would sum up my memories as, lies, damn lies and obfuscations but especially all the unnecessary deaths many I consider deliberate murders by the policies of Fauci and the democrats.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 03:54:27 pm »
Stores limiting the number of people who could be in there.
At big stores like Walmart, having the entrance and exit 50' apart, and admitting masked people one at a time.
Stores putting up signs assuring us they sanitize every shopping cart.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 03:57:15 pm »
I also remember the grocery store making all the aisles one-way.  I took great pleasure in going the wrong way as often as possible.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 03:57:49 pm »
Sunday March 15th I was in the ER for treatment and stiches on a self inflicted axe wound to my left hand.  No Mask. No social distancing. No Maskaholics.

Monday the 16 they shut everything down.  No bars. No restaurants. No Barbers. No Spring breakers.  They closed the damn beaches!!  Thankfully DeSantis slowly started to open the State up. 

When NY and LA started getting massive new cases. DeSantis closed the border to vehicles with LA and NY plates!.  FL HWP set up inspection stations on 1-10 as you enter FL. And I-95 at the GA Fl line!

Also n
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 04:10:28 pm »
The only memory for me is that the fascist tendencies laying dormant in every Democrat were suddenly exposed for everyone to see.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 04:12:42 pm »
The only memory for me is that the fascist tendencies laying dormant in every Democrat were suddenly exposed for everyone to see.

This
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 04:29:09 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 06:02:21 pm »
That was short lived for me once stores started having early hours just for seniors and I could make my purchase while there was still TP on the shelves.
I would sum up my memories as, lies, damn lies and obfuscations but especially all the unnecessary deaths many I consider deliberate murders by the policies of Fauci and the democrats.
pointing-up THIS!
censorship
But also, the hundreds of thousands murdered by the official suppression of treatment through bogus "research" and the forceful implementation of bad policy. May the faces of the dead haunt those bastards who perpetrated this slaughter for eternity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2022, 07:11:29 pm »
It's still happening. My sister the orchestra clarinet player was banned from playing the most recent performance and the next because a flute player who sits near her got the Covid. Because my sister is unvaxxed - even though she's had the 'rona and has antibodies - the orchestra won't let her in the building for a five day period. She's fuming.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2022, 07:13:35 pm »
It's still happening. My sister the orchestra clarinet player was banned from playing the most recent performance and the next because a flute player who sits near her got the Covid. Because my sister is unvaxxed - even though she's had the 'rona and has antibodies - the orchestra won't let her in the building for a five day period. She's fuming.

That is so stupid.  Your sister has my sympathies.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2022, 07:17:42 pm »

That is so stupid.  Your sister has my sympathies.
I forgot to mention that she's tested negative every day. Doesn't matter to the idiots at Pittsburgh Opera.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 07:23:36 pm »
I was fine when we self-secluded, being retired for just a short time, and then getting pissed about it the day our RINO Governor ordered "Stay Home/Stay safe."  Thus began our Castillo revolt.  Fortunately the liquor store sold snacks, making them technically a grocer so they could continue to sell me my keg beer.  There were periods when I had to order kegs of a different brand because of supply issues.  Too bad I wasn't friends with some bar owners, because they would have given me partial kegs for free as they were closed down.

We've always kept full pantries and freezers, so the hoarding by others did not have much effect on us.  It was a dandy excuse to just pull up the drawbridge.

And then there was that constant lying by everybody in charge.  That escalated rather rapidly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2022, 07:33:24 pm »
That reminds me: another great pointless and irrational Pennsylvania move during the shutdown was restricting grocers and closing restaurants while permitting liquor stores (run by the state, so of course) and beer distributors* to remain open as usual. No problem promoting alcoholism or anything like that.

*There's a wacky system of beer sales in Pa. Very little beer is available at groceries. Most people buy by the case at distributors.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 07:34:14 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2022, 08:33:28 pm »
That reminds me: another great pointless and irrational Pennsylvania move during the shutdown was restricting grocers and closing restaurants while permitting liquor stores (run by the state, so of course) and beer distributors* to remain open as usual. No problem promoting alcoholism or anything like that.

*There's a wacky system of beer sales in Pa. Very little beer is available at groceries. Most people buy by the case at distributors.

In Cali, weed dispensaries were declared legally essential.  For the first time I recall, you could get in more trouble driving while not in possession of marijuana than if you got caught in possession of weed before the Plague.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2022, 08:47:45 pm »

I have many but the biggest of them is how easily the American people can be stampeded these days.  I STILL have trouble believing it even though I saw it happen.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2022, 08:50:13 pm »
pointing-up THIS!
censorship
But also, the hundreds of thousands murdered by the official suppression of treatment through bogus "research" and the forceful implementation of bad policy. May the faces of the dead haunt those bastards who perpetrated this slaughter for eternity.

:yowsa: Absolutely criminal and nothing will ever be done about it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2022, 08:52:14 pm »
I have many but the biggest of them is how easily the American people can be stampeded these days.  I STILL have trouble believing it even though I saw it happen.

I wish I could say I was surprised, @Bigun, but I was cynical about that long, long before the Plague.  I studied Germany in the 1930's and always knew it could happen here.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2022, 08:54:49 pm »
I wish I could say I was surprised, @Bigun, but I was cynical about that long, long before the Plague.  I studied Germany in the 1930's and always knew it could happen here.

I knew it could happen here as well @Cyber Liberty but I never imagined it would be so damned easily done.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2022, 09:01:13 pm »
I knew it could happen here as well @Cyber Liberty but I never imagined it would be so damned easily done.

The election of 2012 was the most recent reminder for me that it was very easily done.  It was clear to me that, when O'Bastard was reelected, we'd crossed the famous Rubicon of the takers outnumbering the makers. 

I felt a punch to my stomach because I knew 10 years ago we've had it as a free country.  I'm giving the game one last chance now, in my new County, and after that I live in @roamer_1 ville if my current efforts fail.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2022, 09:05:33 pm »

The COVID CULT was so fanatical and STUPID/IGNORANT this was acceptable to them as a mask to stop a virus. I saw it all over the city, and laughed. Go in without a mask ... no service. Go in with a dinner napkin covering your mouth ... 100% acceptable. This is a story I will tell my grandchildren ... and they will not believe me. "Com'on gramps! Nobody is that stupid!"

What this demonstrates is that it was never about stopping a virus. It was always a public display of submission. You had to demonstrate, in any way possible, that you were onboard with Fauci's hoax. And that was enough.

Oh ... it's OK. He's one of us.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.