Author Topic: Wynn Bruce dies after lighting himself on fire outside Supreme Court  (Read 603 times)

Offline Kamaji

Wynn Bruce dies after lighting himself on fire outside Supreme Court

By David Meyer and Joe Tacopino
April 23, 2022

A climate activist who lit himself on fire on Earth Day outside the United States Supreme Court Building has died, according to reports.

Wynn Bruce, 50, of Boulder, Colorado, died Saturday, a day after he set himself ablaze in Washington, D.C., the Metropolitan Police Department told Fox News.

The incident happened around 6:30 p.m. on the plaza in front of the court building.

He was airlifted to a local hospital, where he died.

A Buddhist priest from Boulder said she knew Bruce and called his death “an act of compassion.”

“This guy was my friend. He meditated with our sangha [Buddhist community],” Dr. K. Kritee wrote. “This act is not suicide. This is a deeply fearless act of compassion to bring attention to climate crisis. We are piecing together info but he had been planning it for at least one year.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/wynn-bruce-dies-after-lighting-himself-on-fire-outside-supreme-court/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Wynn Bruce dies after lighting himself on fire outside Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 03:41:11 pm »
It's an act of compassion only inasmuch as there is one fewer eco-fascist out there hounding the rest of us.

Otherwise:  buh-bye.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 03:43:02 pm »
I wonder what the difference in net CO2 emissions is between self-immolation and just living an ordinary life for another 30 years?

(asking for a friend).. 888mouth

I find it sad that the torment incited by the Climate Change crowd was so severe for this man that he took his own life in this fashion (or any other, for that matter). I hope he haunts the fraudsters who have perpetrated this nonsense on the people who give it credence.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 03:45:02 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 03:46:48 pm »
I wonder what the difference in net CO2 emissions is between self-immolation and just living an ordinary life for another 30 years?

(asking for a friend).. 888mouth

I find it sad that the torment incited by the Climate Change crowd was so severe for this man that he took his own life in this fashion (or any other, for that matter). I hope he haunts the fraudsters who have perpetrated this nonsense on the people who give it credence.

No, they're doubling down on it.  According to one of his buddhist friends, it was an "act of compassion":
“This act is not suicide. This is a deeply fearless act of compassion to bring attention to climate crisis."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 03:48:23 pm »

No, they're doubling down on it.  According to one of his buddhist friends, it was an "act of compassion":
As I said in another post, the capacity of the Left for stupidity is boundless. That's how they can afford to double down.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 04:09:06 pm »
As I said in another post, the capacity of the Left for stupidity is boundless. That's how they can afford to double down.

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 04:28:10 pm »
What is the old saying; Light a fire for a man and he will be warm for the night. Set him on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 04:33:05 pm »
What is the old saying; Light a fire for a man and he will be warm for the night. Set him on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

@Wingnut

:happyhappy:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 07:08:38 pm »

LOL!   :silly:  That also applies to burning hookers and winos in Grand Theft Auto....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 07:17:45 pm »
A climate activist?? I'd say he was a nut job. Obviously the man's staircase didn't go all the way to the top, nor was he playing with a full deck.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 07:23:34 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 08:33:41 pm »
A climate activist?? I'd say he was a nut job. Obviously the man's staircase didn't go all the way to the top, nor was he playing with a full deck.
The only people that will remember his suicide or even his name will be others just as mentally unbalanced as him. These are the same kind of people that would have followed Jim Jones and drank his Kool-Aid.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 08:52:38 pm »
How can you kill yourself this way...the photos are sickening..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2022, 09:19:20 pm »
Best I refrain from this thread considering my previous comments about enviro-whackos.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 09:29:34 pm »

Looks normal. Obviously hiding some demons ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 11:30:05 pm »
This man was mentally unbalanced, and he died for absolutely nothing. It's very sad. It's also infuriating that some people are glorifying his suicide like it was some brilliant, noble act.

There is no climate crisis, and his act - which released some toxins into the atmosphere, I assume - did nothing to benefit the ecosystem.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 11:36:07 pm »
This man was mentally unbalanced, and he died for absolutely nothing. It's very sad. It's also infuriating that some people are glorifying his suicide like it was some brilliant, noble act.

There is no climate crisis, and his act - which released some toxins into the atmosphere, I assume - did nothing to benefit the ecosystem.
I agree.
The guy was fundamentally suicidal (obviously) and decided to go out in a blaze of glory on the alter of the Climate Cultists. If he had not done this he would have jumped off a bridge or a building somewhere. I'm sure a check of his background will show divorce or job loss, or some other major trauma(s).
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2022, 11:37:26 pm »
A burning desire to cool the planet inflamed his passion.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2022, 01:01:02 am »

He did not care to improve the ecosystem directly with this act.  His hope, demented, is that he would be placed high as a martyr, like that other Buddhist guy back in Saigon, early 60's. 

Then, the world would understand at last we're all doomed if we don't give the leftists all our money and property.  And live in the Peace of the Buddha.  Which will last until the shooting starts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2022, 02:58:16 pm »
He did not care to improve the ecosystem directly with this act.  His hope, demented, is that he would be placed high as a martyr, like that other Buddhist guy back in Saigon, early 60's. 

Then, the world would understand at last we're all doomed if we don't give the leftists all our money and property.  And live in the Peace of the Buddha.  Which will last until the shooting starts.

Exactly.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2022, 03:14:21 pm »
A burning desire to cool the planet inflamed his passion.
Perhaps the other eco fanatics will have annual Wynn Bruce remembrance day rally with singing around the Wynn Bruce memorial bonfire, smore's and marshmallows will be sold at the concession stand.

Offline verga

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2022, 11:25:34 am »
The only people that will remember his suicide or even his name will be others just as mentally unbalanced as him. These are the same kind of people that would have followed Jim Jones and drank his Kool-Aid.
Not true, I intend to remember it just to mock my eco weenie friends and relatives.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2022, 11:27:52 am »
Best I refrain from this thread considering my previous comments about enviro-whackos.
Dang and I was counting on you to make a reference to his impersonation of Richard pryor, or Michael Jackson.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.