Author Topic: Union Pacific Curtails Fertilizer Shipments, Delaying Deliveries and Preventing New Rail Orders from  (Read 994 times)

Offline Hoodat

CF Industries: Union Pacific Curtails Fertilizer Shipments, Delaying Deliveries and Preventing New Rail Orders from Being Taken

April 14, 2022

CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF), a leading global manufacturer of hydrogen and nitrogen products, today informed customers it serves by Union Pacific rail lines that railroad-mandated shipping reductions would result in nitrogen fertilizer shipment delays during the spring application season and that it would be unable to accept new rail sales involving Union Pacific for the foreseeable future. The Company understands that it is one of only 30 companies to face these restrictions.

CF Industries ships to customers via Union Pacific rail lines primarily from its Donaldsonville Complex in Louisiana and its Port Neal Complex in Iowa. The rail lines serve key agricultural areas such as Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas and California. Products that will be affected include nitrogen fertilizers such as urea and urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) as well as diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), an emissions control product required for diesel trucks. CF Industries is the largest producer of urea, UAN and DEF in North America, and its Donaldsonville Complex is the largest single production facility for the products in North America.

“The timing of this action by Union Pacific could not come at a worse time for farmers,” said Tony Will, president and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. “Not only will fertilizer be delayed by these shipping restrictions, but additional fertilizer needed to complete spring applications may be unable to reach farmers at all. By placing this arbitrary restriction on just a handful of shippers, Union Pacific is jeopardizing farmers’ harvests and increasing the cost of food for consumers.”

On Friday, April 8, 2022, Union Pacific informed CF Industries without advance notice that it was mandating certain shippers to reduce the volume of private cars on its railroad effective immediately. The Company was told to reduce its shipments by nearly 20%.  .  .  .

https://www.cfindustries.com/newsroom/2022/union-pacific-shipping-restrictions

So why is Union Pacific curtailing fertilizer shipments?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Probably because Uncle Nanny told them to.

Offline Hoodat

Sounds like they want a food shortage.  Curtailing fertilizer shipments while at the same time mandating more corn for ethanol production?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

No fertilizer for spring planting? You bet your bottom dollar they are doing it on purpose.

Offline Hoodat

This is like straight out of Atlas Shrugged.

Online roamer_1

Won't make much nevermind to me - Just drive me further away from the system.

We ain't had factory fertilizer on our place for a decade or more.

But it will be a misery for city folks.

Online libertybele

Sounds like they want a food shortage.  Curtailing fertilizer shipments while at the same time mandating more corn for ethanol production?

Exactly.  Also remember who owns the most farmland in the country.  None other than Bill Gates.

They drive up the price of gas making it more expensive to get to work and those working still will have a difficult time putting food on the table.  Nice.

They will make it  impossible for most to survive.  Meanwhile Nancy will have her luxurious freezer full of premium ice cream. Maybe she'll share with all the illegals. /s

I believe they will collapse the economy and devalue the dollar and we won't make it to the mid terms.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Probably because Uncle Nanny told them to.
Not just fertilizer. DEF
What happens if you run a truck without DEF?
If the truck is allowed to run out of DEF the engine's power is reduced, a solid red warning will be displayed and the vehicle speed will be limited to 5 mph until the DEF tank is refilled.
Because almost all diesel-powered passenger cars and trucks built since 2010 are equipped with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and require Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), it is readily available at most fueling stations and automotive parts retail stores. Truck stops often have a DEF pump right on the fuel island.
Consider the huge number of diesel trucks which are required to use DEF and this becomes a problem.

the system can be bypassed, but the fines are steep if caught. You can bet truck regulatory will be inspecting for that, too..
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 03:35:06 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Not just fertilizer. DEF Consider the huge number of diesel trucks which are required to use DEF and this becomes a problem.

the system can be bypassed, but the fines are steep if caught. You can bet truck regulatory will be inspecting for that, too..

They're fixin to make another utter disaster. One right after the other... You can't tell me it ain't intentional.

...And why I am heading up the holler.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They're fixin to make another utter disaster. One right after the other... You can't tell me it ain't intentional.

That's what I see coming, too. Time to get some stuff sorted.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

You bet ya it's intentional!!!    9999hair out0000.   I don't see us making it to the mid terms. Yes us city folk are royally screwed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:01:39 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

be brave 🔥
@XrPwilliam
 · 1h
This is being done on purpose and if you haven’t stocked up you need to

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Michael O'Fallon - Sovereign Nations
@SovMichael
Be warned:

While we are celebrating the end of masks...
The Biden Administration is actively orchestrating future food shortages for the United States in the coming months.
And Republicans are curiously silent.
6:04 PM · Apr 19, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fertilizer company complains about railroad shipment limits

ABC News

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/fertilizer-company-complains-railroad-shipment-limits-84091378

CF Industries said Thursday that the railroad ordered it to cut its shipments nearly 20%. Union Pacific has said it is limiting rail traffic and hiring aggressively as part of a plan to improve service after grain and ethanol shippers complained about shortcomings.

Federal regulators have announced plans to hold a hearing later this month about the service problems along Union Pacific and other major U.S. railroads that have forced some grain mills and ethanol plants to curtail production while waiting on trains and left farmers without a place to sell their crops because grain elevators are having trouble shipping grain.

Online libertybele

be brave 🔥
@XrPwilliam
 · 1h
This is being done on purpose and if you haven’t stocked up you need to

Yes.  Absolutely!