Author Topic: REMEMBERING KATE THOMAS: MARINE CORPS VET, CHAMPION OF BURN PIT LEGISLATION DIES FROM BREAST CANCER  (Read 148 times)

rebewranger

REMEMBERING KATE THOMAS: MARINE CORPS VET, CHAMPION OF BURN PIT LEGISLATION DIES FROM BREAST CANCER

By Hannah Ray Lambert | April 07, 2022

The week before she died from stage 4 breast cancer, Marine Corps veteran Kate Hendricks Thomas considered attending a press conference in support of burn pit legislation. She had frequently testified about the issue, shared about her own struggles with cancer, and tirelessly advocated on behalf of other veterans.

One of Thomas’ best friends, Sarah Plummer Taylor, smiled as she recalled Thomas’ joyous presence and the effect it had on those around her.

“People fangirl her,” Plummer Taylor told Coffee or Die Magazine. “Everybody wanted a piece of Kate.”

Even as she was entering the ER on Sunday, April 3, Thomas answered texts from friends who wanted to know if they could come visit.

https://coffeeordie.com/kate-thomas-marine-corps/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 :patriot:

Like those who stood up about Agent Orange, she is a patriot. R.I.P.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis