Author Topic: Will Smith is BANNED from the Oscars for 10 years for slapping Chris Rock - but will be allowed to k  (Read 624 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ****slapping

Will Smith is BANNED from the Oscars for 10 years for slapping Chris Rock - but will be allowed to keep his award for Best Actor: Star says he 'accepts and respects' the decision

The academy's 9,000 members had been 'completely split' on the decision 
    There were 'hundreds of WhatsApp groups' where they were arguing over it
    Smith slapped host Chris Rock on March 27 for making a joke about his wife Jada Pinkett Smith's shaved head
    He later won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in King Richard
    Smith apologized for the violence, and Jada said she wished he hadn't slapped Rock
    Rock has been quiet on the controversy, saying only that he was 'processing' it 
    Hollywood was split on whether or not the actor should get to keep his award
    Whoopi Goldberg defended him, saying 'he'll be back' and that he has nothing to worry about
    Smith himself apologized and his wife Jada - who the slap was on behalf of - also said she wished he hadn't done it
    Chris Rock has said little of the incident other than 'I'm still processing it' 

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 14:58 EDT, 8 April 2022 | Updated: 15:18 EDT, 8 April 2022

Will Smith has been banned from the Oscars for 10 years for slapping Chris Rock, but will be allowed to keep his award for Best Actor.

In a statement, the Academy blasted Smiths 'unacceptable' and 'harmful' behavior that 'overshadowed' the entire evening.

'During our telecast, we did not adequately address the situation in the room. For this, we are sorry. This was an opportunity for us to set an example for our guests, viewers and our Academy family around the world, and we fell short — unprepared for the unprecedented.

'The Board has decided, for a period of 10 years from April 8, 2022, Mr. Smith shall not be permitted to attend any Academy events or programs, in person or virtually, including but not limited to the Academy Awards.

'We want to express our deep gratitude to Mr. Rock for maintaining his composure under extraordinary circumstances. We also want to thank our hosts, nominees, presenters and winners for their poise and grace during our telecast.'

In a statement, Smith told Deadline: 'I accept and respect the Academy’s decision.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10700457/Will-Smith-BANNED-Oscars-10-years-slapping-Chris-Rock.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Who cares??  Who watches the Oscars anyways?  Other than this incident the Oscars would have gone another year without any true recognition or reporting by the MSM.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You know, what I really think is that...

Well shoot, my give-a-damn is busted.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Jada Pinkett Smith ‘never’ wanted to marry Will, cried at ‘horrible’ wedding
By Asia Grace   
April 8, 2022 3:44pm

Jada Pinkett Smith confessed that she “really didn’t want to get married” to Will Smith.

In fact, the “Matrix” actress — now on the roasting spit of Smith’s infamous Oscars smack-down of Chris Rock and the Academy’s decision Friday to ban him from the ceremony for 10 years — admitted to “crying down the freaking aisle” before tying the knot with the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” star on New Year’s Eve in 1997.

“I was under so much pressure, you know, being a young actress, being young, and I was just, like, pregnant and I just didn’t know what to do,” declared Pinkett Smith, 50, in a freshly exhumed snippet from her “Red Table Talk” Facebook series. “I never wanted to be married.”

In the clip from 2018 — which has resurfaced amid renewed controversy around her louche “entanglement” with R&B singer August Alsina, 29 — Pinkett Smith candidly recalls her mother, Adrienne Banfield-Norris, also known as “Gammy,” 68, forcing her and Smith to wed after she became pregnant with their first son together, Jaden, now 23. 

more
https://nypost.com/2022/04/08/jada-pinkett-smith-never-wanted-to-marry-will-cried-at-horrible-wedding/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
What’s the over under on these two divorcing?

She’s a sick freak narcissist and he’s whipped. They’ve messed up their children’s lives. Please, please just end this farcical marriage.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What’s the over under on these two divorcing?

She’s a sick freak narcissist and he’s whipped. They’ve messed up their children’s lives. Please, please just end this farcical marriage.
Well, at least they are only afflicting their own at this point, and split up, they'd double the trouble sooner or later.

Sad about the kids, though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji