Author Topic: Sen. Tester becomes latest Democrat to oppose Biden move to end Title 42  (Read 123 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sen. Tester becomes latest Democrat to oppose Biden move to end Title 42

Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., on Tuesday became the latest Democratic lawmaker to oppose the Biden administration’s move to end the use of Title 42 to expel migrants at the border, warning that doing so prematurely risks national security.

"I'm strongly opposed to the Administration's decision to let Title 42 expire next month – which will only add to the strain on our broken immigration system," Tester said in a statement. "I'm urging [Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro] Mayorkas to provide a comprehensive plan to address the increased security needed when Title 42 expires."

The senator also sent a letter to Mayorkas, warning that "ending this policy without sufficient preparation risks undermining our national security."

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced on Friday that it will be ending Title 42, which has been used by both the Biden and Trump administrations to quickly expel migrants at the border due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on May 23.

A growing number of Democrats have joined Republicans and border officials in warning against the move, warning that it could quickly lead to a surge in migrants that authorities are ill-equipped to handle. The Biden administration itself has acknowledged that it is expecting a significant increase in numbers in the coming months..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-tester-democrat-oppose-biden-move-title-42
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.