Author Topic: I won’t bend the knee to Twitter’s sarcasm-challenged speech police  (Read 58 times)

Offline Kamaji

I won’t bend the knee to Twitter’s sarcasm-challenged speech police

By Michael Benjamin
March 23, 2022

Twitter is an ass. Well, its “Karen” algorithm is an ass.

Ten days ago, the social-media giant suspended my account for an allegedly “hateful” post. I had sarcastically responded to a user who recommended that the United States “wait out” Russian President Vladimir Putin after I suggested that President Joe Biden call Congress’ and the right’s bluff on a no-fly zone by asking for a declaration of war.

I promptly received an e-mail saying, “Your account, @SquarePegDem, has been locked for violating the Twitter Rules.” I stood accused by faceless artificial intelligence of “violating our rules against hateful conduct.”

Twitter says its users may not “promote violence against, threaten or harass” others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.

My supposedly “hateful conduct”? Posting: “Of course, only Ukrainians need die.”

How any reasonable person or AI makes the leap that those six words constitute hateful speech is beyond me.

Nonetheless, I was given the opportunity to make things right — by deleting the offending tweet that wasn’t offensive in the first place.

If I delete the offending tweet, Twitter will unlock my account and I will be free to post my thoughts about movies, crime in the subway and how transgenderism is erasing biological women (in service to troubled men).

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/i-wont-bend-the-knee-to-twitters-sarcasm-challenged-speech-police/