Author Topic: Pfizer Targets Seniors in Renewed Call for 4th Coronavirus Shot  (Read 1151 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pfizer Targets Seniors in Renewed Call for 4th Coronavirus Shot

Simon Kent 16 Mar 2022

Pfizer and partner BioNTech approached U.S. regulators Tuesday renewing their call for authorization to administer a fourth coronavirus shot as a booster for seniors.

Currently the U.S. urges two primary shots followed months later by a booster dose for everyone age 12 and older.

The fresh application seeks to add a fourth shot only for the over-65 population.

Pfizer’s submission is based on what it calls two real-world data sets from Israel analyzed at a time when the Omicron variant was widely circulating.

AP reports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control would have to approve the request.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2022/03/16/pfizer-targets-seniors-in-renewed-call-for-4th-coronavirus-shot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Pfizer Targets Seniors in Renewed Call for 4th Coronavirus Shot
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 11:28:11 pm »
Dr. Simone Gold
@drsimonegold
·
8h
Pfizer is seeking “emergency” use for yet another booster for those over 64.
Reminder:  Pfizer trial documents (which the FDA had) documented almost 158,000 adverse events. Neither Pfizer nor the FDA disclosed this to the public—until we sued and a judge forced their release.
11:06 AM · Mar 17, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 06:10:13 pm »
Surprisingly, this article is from the mainstream media, not one of those whackjob antivaxxer sites ( *****rollingeyes*****). Some accidental journalisming from ABC News:
With 4th COVID-19 vaccine doses looming, experts say not so fast
The experts say the focus should be on preventing serious disease.
BySony Salzman
March 24, 2022, 6:10 AM

Even as most eligible Americans have yet to receive their first COVID-19 vaccine boosters, Pfizer and Moderna have now asked the FDA to authorize yet another booster dose -- especially for elderly Americans, a group that tends to have weaker immune protection.

Pfizer asked the FDA to authorize fourth doses for people older than 65, while Moderna asked for authorization for everyone 18 and older (though company executives said the greatest need would be among older adults).  ...

Nevertheless, many vaccine experts are not convinced fourth doses are needed so soon. Some are even skeptical fourth doses will be needed at all. And that is on top of the difficulty in getting millions to get their first and second shots, let alone their third and fourth.

"There are very few, if any, people who, in my opinion require a fourth dose," said Dr. Anna Durbin, professor of international health and director of the center for immunization research at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

"In general, it’s too early to recommend a fourth dose, except for those who are immune compromised," said Dr. Paul Goepfert, professor of medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and an expert in vaccine design. ...
ABC News

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 07:15:38 pm »
Puck FFizer, and Moderna too! I won't be blackmailed or guilted by my son and his wife over seeing my granddaughters again, I was weak before and got to doses of Moderna before but never again! I will not put this senior body at risk with their crap again, multiple comorbidities not withstanding.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 07:32:12 pm »
Um, what about developing a better shot for newer variants and more persistent immunity?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 07:49:03 pm »
Kill off the seniors and voila, the SS deficit problem and Medicare problems and shortfalls disappear.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 08:52:14 pm »
No one trusts the Big Pharma - Fauxci scam anymore.  They may recommend it, and billion dollars of PSA's still won't convince.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 03:10:26 pm »
THIS JUST IN

FDA Authorizes Second Booster Of Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine For Adults 50 And Up
March 29, 2022 at 11:00 am

(CNN) — The US Food and Drug Administration has expanded the emergency use authorization of the Pfizer and Moderna Covid-19 vaccines to allow adults age 50 and older to get a second booster as early as four months after their first booster dose of any Covid-19 vaccine.

The move extends the availability of additional boosters to healthy older adults. The FDA had previously allowed second booster shots for anyone 12 years of age or older who was severely immune deficient, starting four months after their first booster.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to follow with what’s known as a permissive recommendation — a statement that the shots may be used in this age group for those who want them. The agency is not expected to officially recommend the shots, however.

There is general scientific agreement that third doses help strengthen immunity against severe illness from the virus that causes Covid-19. But the science is far from settled on if or even when fourth doses might be needed since the vaccines continue to offer a high degree of protection against Covid-19 hospitalization and death, even as protection against illness wanes. ... More

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 03:14:58 pm »
What they fail to mention is that the first booster (i.e., the third shot) makes one more likely to get an infection, whether or not the symptoms end up being severe or not, and a fourth booster is likely to make that even more likely to happen.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 03:17:44 pm »
Kill off the seniors and voila, the SS deficit problem and Medicare problems and shortfalls disappear.

They're not gonna get me... :bolt:...I am worried that my new Dr will insist I get it or refuse to treat me...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 03:21:02 pm »
I am worried that my new Dr will insist I get it or refuse to treat me...
That's awful. I'm so grateful our primary care doctor has never insisted we get any vaccine, not even flu or pneumonia. Of course, just our luck, he'll probably retire soon.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 03:24:33 pm »
That's awful. I'm so grateful our primary care doctor has never insisted we get any vaccine, not even flu or pneumonia. Of course, just our luck, he'll probably retire soon.

Yeah my Dr for 20yrs is retiring...I just got him broken-in...lol

Now I have to teach my new DR...looks like she is about 15yo... :smokin:
Support the USO

Online berdie

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 08:18:38 pm »
Yeah my Dr for 20yrs is retiring...I just got him broken-in...lol

Now I have to teach my new DR...looks like she is about 15yo... :smokin:

I hear that!! My new PCP is about the same age.  She also seems to think my blood work, blood pressure, etc. should be like a 20 year olds. 9999hair out0000

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 04:47:04 pm »
Naw, I'll pass.
Didn't get the last booster.
Won't get this one.
Most of the people I know that caught Covid, caught after their 3rd shot.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 04:50:54 pm »

I hear that!! My new PCP is about the same age.  She also seems to think my blood work, blood pressure, etc. should be like a 20 year olds. 9999hair out0000

Have had this PCP for 25 years and he  is  in his  70's.  Looks like I might be in the same boat soon.  Not going to comfortable getting physicals and prodded from someone my kid's age.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.