Author Topic: Pizza And Jeers At The Kavanaughs’  (Read 59 times)

Offline Kamaji

Pizza And Jeers At The Kavanaughs’
« on: March 15, 2022, 12:32:07 pm »
Pizza And Jeers At The Kavanaughs’

What type of person goes to Brett Kavanaugh's house on a Tuesday?

By John Hirschauer
March 15, 2022

What does a guy wear to an abortion protest at Brett Kavanaugh’s house?

It’s a question I’ve never considered. A flannel and jeans? That codes right-wing. A blazer and slacks? That would make me look like a reporter. I want to blend in.

Athleisure, maybe? I guess I could do jogger sweats and a hoodie—the chick-face-deep-in-a-pint-of-Ben-and-Jerry’s-after-a-break-up look. I am so tired—so, so tired—of having to defend women’s reproductive rights. That sounds kind of believable coming from a guy in sweats.

I realize that athleisure is a bad idea. If the protestors start throwing rocks at Kavanaugh’s house, there’s no way the cops will believe the guy in a Junk Food tee and tattered sweatpants outside a Supreme Court justice’s house on a Tuesday night is a reporter. Even if they do, when they find out where I work, they’ll toss me in D.C. jail. Athleisure is out.

I decide to split the baby, so to speak. I put on khakis, a mock turtleneck from Zara (don’t ask), a North Face jacket, and a ball cap. I can’t say I look tremendously masculine. Maybe that’s for the best.

I live 15 minutes from the cul-de-sac where the protestors said they were going to gather. It is two streets down from Kavanaugh’s house. The notice said people would arrive as early as five o’clock, but I figure 5:20 is fine. I don’t want to be here any longer than I have to.

I turn down the side street where the protestors are meeting. The houses are nice—colonials painted various shades of beige, with boxy yards and charming little stone walls. The shrubbery is perfectly manicured and the lawns are well-kept. My dad would like it here. I would, too, if I could stop thinking about how expensive the houses are.

One house has a Black Lives Matter sign staked in the ground by the road. I’m always amused by people with seven-figure incomes who embrace revolutionary politics, like they’re Angela Davis or something. When the revolution comes, maybe they’ll eat Kathy from Chevy Chase last. She’s playing the long game, I guess.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/pizza-and-jeers-at-the-kavanaughs/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pizza And Jeers At The Kavanaughs’
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 12:32:41 pm »
The short answer?  The same sort of tired, cliched, idiotic, can-only-emote liberal fascists that go to every liberal protest.