Author Topic: Poll: Majority Not Confident in Biden’s Ability to Prevent Russia/Ukraine War from Spreading  (Read 346 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Majority Not Confident in Biden’s Ability to Prevent Russia/Ukraine War from Spreading

Hannah Bleau 14 Mar 2022

Most voters are not confident in President Joe Biden’s ability to prevent the Russia/Ukraine war from spreading, a Trafalgar Group survey released Monday found.

The survey asked, “How confident are you in the ability of President Biden and his administration to prevent the Russia/Ukraine war from spreading to other countries?”

Overall, 61.7 percent expressed a lack of confidence, and of those, 45.2 percent said they are “not confident at all.”

The vast majority of Republicans and independents, 82.3 percent and 72 percent, respectively, also lack confidence in Biden’s ability to prevent the war from spreading. Over one-third of Democrats, 35.9 percent, share that sentiment.

The survey, taken March 7-11, 2022, among 1,073 likely general election voters, has a margin of error of +/- 2.99 percent.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/14/poll-majority-not-confident-in-bidens-ability-to-prevent-russia-ukraine-war-from-spreading/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

I'm not confident in Bidet's ability to do anything other than eff up.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The war will spread.  It will not be contained.

Those attempting to respond to the "humanitarian crisis" will also be attacked by the Russians, and will require protection.  Think Somalia.

The Russians will be driven to attack the supply routes for Ukranian resistance.  Think US bombing of Cambodia and the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

If NATO members in fear for their own sovereignty, the governments may feel popular pressure to act against the Russians unilaterally.

If you live in Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland. Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria, do you really trust that the Western powers will protect you?

There's a history of the West ceding central and eastern European nations to maintain a nominal peace.  In the late 1930s, the West was perfectly willing to let Hitler have the Saarland, Austria, the Sudetenland, and the protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. 
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Poll: Majority Not Confident in Biden’s Ability to Prevent Russia/Ukraine War from Spreading

There now the headline is correct.

Offline DB

The war will spread.  It will not be contained.

Those attempting to respond to the "humanitarian crisis" will also be attacked by the Russians, and will require protection.  Think Somalia.

The Russians will be driven to attack the supply routes for Ukranian resistance.  Think US bombing of Cambodia and the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

If NATO members in fear for their own sovereignty, the governments may feel popular pressure to act against the Russians unilaterally.

If you live in Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland. Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria, do you really trust that the Western powers will protect you?

There's a history of the West ceding central and eastern European nations to maintain a nominal peace.  In the late 1930s, the West was perfectly willing to let Hitler have the Saarland, Austria, the Sudetenland, and the protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.

Russia does not have the economic resources to fight a prolonged war. It takes industry to fight wars. Putin screwed up big time.

Offline berdie

Russia does not have the economic resources to fight a prolonged war. It takes industry to fight wars. Putin screwed up big time.

That may depend on China's willingness to engage. And to a lesser degree..India.

Offline Kamaji

That may depend on China's willingness to engage. And to a lesser degree..India.

Considering that Russia has always been a net supplier of arms to India, it is doubtful that India could keep Russia going in terms of military hardware in the near term.  Even if Russia were to give the Indians all of the blueprints, technical drawings, and intellectual property necessary to manufacture Russian-designed weapons, it's unlikely India could turn its manufacturing base around fast enough to give Russia much help.

Offline berdie

Considering that Russia has always been a net supplier of arms to India, it is doubtful that India could keep Russia going in terms of military hardware in the near term.  Even if Russia were to give the Indians all of the blueprints, technical drawings, and intellectual property necessary to manufacture Russian-designed weapons, it's unlikely India could turn its manufacturing base around fast enough to give Russia much help.

Totally agree.  But subsidizing the Russians by buying oil would be helpful to them.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am supremely confident in Joe Biden's ability to FU anything he comes near!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
With just commenting on the headline; I'm not confident in Joe to do anything other than destroy our Republic.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Totally agree.  But subsidizing the Russians by buying oil would be helpful to them.

In terms of hard currency, yes.  But hard currency by itself is not helpful - unless Putin intends to launch pallets of cash at the Ukrainians - and the question still remains where would the Russians get arms replacements, assuming arguendo that the issue is they lack the industrial base to maintain a prolonged military conflict.

Offline DB

China's per capita GDP was about $5,523 in 2021. That is dirt poor. The USA's per capita GDP was $68,309 that same year. Give that some thought.

Offline DB

China just might decide to take the oil from them.

Offline Kamaji

China just might decide to take the oil from them.

More likely, China would insist that the Russians take yuan for their oil rather than USD (or other hard currencies).

Offline DB

More likely, China would insist that the Russians take yuan for their oil rather than USD (or other hard currencies).

China has a big weakness, oil. Russia is becoming weaker by the day thanks to Putin.

Offline berdie

In terms of hard currency, yes.  But hard currency by itself is not helpful - unless Putin intends to launch pallets of cash at the Ukrainians - and the question still remains where would the Russians get arms replacements, assuming arguendo that the issue is they lack the industrial base to maintain a prolonged military conflict.

I, once again, agree. But a strong alliance between the two counties is in any fashion is not a good thing.

Russia/China are aligning themselves with so many counties that I think they are trying to create their own NWO. Neither option is good...but of the choice I'll take will not be China/Russia.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I, once again, agree. But a strong alliance between the two counties is in any fashion is not a good thing.

Russia/China are aligning themselves with so many counties that I think they are trying to create their own NWO. Neither option is good...but of the choice I'll take will not be China/Russia.
I foresee no strong alliance between the two. China will serve Russia just long enough to serve Russia up on a platter. China will always be in it for China, and any 'alliance' will be worked to their own advantage by the Chinese.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I foresee no strong alliance between the two. China will serve Russia just long enough to serve Russia up on a platter. China will always be in it for China, and any 'alliance' will be worked to their own advantage by the Chinese.

Agreed.