Author Topic: The news out of Florida and Texas exemplifies a larger conservative trend  (Read 835 times)

Online libertybele

The news out of Florida and Texas exemplifies a larger conservative trend

...........On Tuesday, Florida's Republican-controlled Senate passed a tactically imprecise bill that would prohibit certain classroom instruction about sexual orientation and gender identity.

And on Monday, Texas Children's Hospital decided to stop providing hormone therapies for transgender children, in response to recent developments in the state. In February, prompted by a legal opinion released by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott sent a letter directing state agencies to conduct investigations into gender-affirming care for transgender youths as "child abuse."

Even if these attacks don't succeed in the long run, they're already taking a psychological toll on LGBTQ Americans and their families.

For instance, while neither Paxton's opinion nor Abbott's letter is legally binding, both have terrified some parents. One mother in Dallas told CNN's Alisha Ebrahimji that she intends to move to California because she wants her 6-year-old transgender daughter to "be somewhere where there are actually laws in the books that protect her instead of trying to erase her.".........

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/10/us/lgbtq-rights-desantis-race-deconstructed-newsletter/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Alisha Ebrahimji that she intends to move to California because she wants her 6-year-old transgender daughter to "be somewhere where there are actually laws in the books that protect her instead of trying to erase her.

DCFS should pay this nutjob a visit and investigate her for child abuse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

Alisha Ebrahimji that she intends to move to California because she wants her 6-year-old transgender daughter to "be somewhere where there are actually laws in the books that protect her instead of trying to erase her.

ABSOLUTELY! These parents that are doing this to their children need to have the children taken away and they need to be sterilized to make sure they can never harm another child.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut:
"Alisha Ebrahimji that she intends to move to California...
...DCFS should pay this nutjob a visit and investigate her for child abuse"

NO.
They should pay her a visit, and hand her plane tickets and offer her a ride to the airport.
Goodbye (and good riddance!)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have found it interesting that the left has abandoned their long held strategy of gradually shifting the country left, and have gone for the jugular.

Backfiring is inevitable, just how dramatic it is, is still yet to be determined.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I hate when they do this...calling it "conservative", which is a pejorative today.

They're simply Americans who are fed-up-to-here with the State of this nation is just one bleeping year.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hate when they do this...calling it "conservative", which is a pejorative today.

They're simply Americans who are fed-up-to-here with the State of this nation is just one bleeping year.

A'int it the truth?!?!?!?

This is nothing like I remember watching WFB say what conservatism was about 50 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 10:56:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
If this is such a big deal, why is Biden running the show? 9999hair out0000
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online libertybele

If this is such a big deal, why is Biden running the show? 9999hair out0000

Two different situations; yes Joe is the one in the oval office; but State's rights prevail, for the most part. Conservative governors are IMO putting up a good fight.  Yes, I think DeSantis would make a good President, and frankly Abbott as well, but they are desperately needed to maintain their seats as we need as many conservative governors as possible going forward.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

Sometimes Abbott surprises even me, but on most days he wouldn't make a pimple on the more Conservative DeSantis's azz.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Sometimes Abbott surprises even me, but on most days he wouldn't make a pimple on the more Conservative DeSantis's azz.

I'm not a Texan, but in reading articles about him and watching him take on the task of trying to secure a border that is purposefully being overwhelmed with illegals, I see him being more on the conservative side than not.  Let's put it this way, I don't classify him as a RINO.

Online corbe

I guess that's a fair statement @libertybele
   IMHO, among other issues, He could have done better on the Border Issue the 6 years he's been in office as could have his predecessors, Perry and GWB.  While Congress had Trump's hands tied up on the Border we Texans believe our Governor can/could do more.   I've come to believe he is beholden to the Chamber of Commerce more often than not.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

IMHO, among other issues, He could have done better on the Border Issue the 6 years he's been in office as could have his predecessors, Perry and GWB.  While Congress had Trump's hands tied up on the Border we Texans believe our Governor can/could do more.   I've come to believe he is beholden to the Chamber of Commerce more often than not.

That I wasn't aware of.  Good to know.  Yes, I agree with you as far as Bush and Perry.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Abbott is not a conservative.

He is first and foremost a politician who sells his soul for his own gain.

The energy fiasco of last year told volumes of who he is - a prostitute who was more interested in rewarding political patronage positions to buddies than people who knew what to do.

He disgusts me, and is not all that much better than old Beto.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

It does seem that Texas Governnors see the office as a birth right to higher aspirations. 

I supported Abbott this time versus West and Huffines for the fact that there is no freaking way that we need to give Beto even the slightest opening to become governor.  Beto needs to get a sub 40% crushing defeat that will seal his political coffin for good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Abbott is not a conservative.

He is first and foremost a politician who sells his soul for his own gain.

The energy fiasco of last year told volumes of who he is - a prostitute who was more interested in rewarding political patronage positions to buddies than people who knew what to do.

He disgusts me, and is not all that much better than old Beto.
Do keep in mind that the Beto we're seeing is about as far right as he can portray himself, the reality is even farther Left.

I think Abbot is more WYSIWYG, good, bad, or indifferent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Kamaji

Agreed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish posted:
"I supported Abbott this time versus West and Huffines for the fact that there is no freaking way that we need to give Beto even the slightest opening to become governor.  Beto needs to get a sub 40% crushing defeat that will seal his political coffin for good."

Fishrrman kinda-shaky prediction:
Beto is going to give Abbott the same "close call" as he gave Cruz last time.

It's going to shake up A LOT of Texans regarding the future of their state...

Online libertybele

Catfish posted:
"I supported Abbott this time versus West and Huffines for the fact that there is no freaking way that we need to give Beto even the slightest opening to become governor.  Beto needs to get a sub 40% crushing defeat that will seal his political coffin for good."

:yowsa:

Online corbe

Catfish posted:

With all due respect @Fishrrman that close shave Cruz received in 2018 was largely due to Trumpers holding a grudge, NOT voting straight Republican Ticket.   Abbott received over 400K MORE votes on the same ticket. 
   Hell, I didn't even vote for him because I was disappointed in his Trump Budget Votes.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
There are constant democrat supporters here that demand Republicans be exterminated totally, or utterly banished.  So how can:  news out of Florida and Texas exemplifies a larger conservative trend.  Are 'we' smarter than them or are they smarter than us?  Did some how the democrats become geniuses and Conservatives become near mindless Lewinskys?? ?  The world wants to know!
 :silly: :smokin: :silly: :tongue2: :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Catfish posted:

@Fishrrman

Maybe you see something I don't.  Both primaires were contested this year, so that is a fairly decent barometer of that exact moment of support.  1.8M voted in the GOP primary, while a tad south of 1.1M went dim.  That's about a 62%-38% break down.

Then add these facts:
(1) That the valley is trending red.  And that is indisputable, This is  an event that I thought would never see in my life time.
(2) Biden in general is about as popular here as a colonoscopy.  There will be reverse coat tails, as Pedo Joe continues to flounder.
(3) Beto during the '20 presidental primary debates  famously said he was coming to get our guns (AR-15's specifically).  Do you realize how unpopular that statement was in the state of Texas?  Even our dimocrats are generally pro 2-A.
(4) Don't estimate the impact and anger of the democratic anti-oil industry rhetoric on our populus.  Not only the workers, but all the supporting industries and businesses that rely on oil are pissed as hell.

I'll stick with the 40% threshold at this point in time.  I know a lot can happen between now and November, but at this exact moment, I'd give Beto about a 1 in 50,000 chance of winning. And close to 50/50 even breaking 40%.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

With all due respect @Fishrrman that close shave Cruz received in 2018 was largely due to Trumpers holding a grudge, NOT voting straight Republican Ticket.   Abbott received over 400K MORE votes on the same ticket. 
   Hell, I didn't even vote for him because I was disappointed in his Trump Budget Votes.

Yep the Lyin' Ted meme really stuck and there was a lot of defection.