Author Topic: GOP Sen. Ted Cruz joins 'People's Convoy' truckers' protest  (Read 215 times)

Online libertybele

GOP Sen. Ted Cruz joins 'People's Convoy' truckers' protest

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz rolled up to the Capitol rotunda on Thursday in a honking semi-truck, the lead vehicle of a convoy that for the past five days has encircled the D.C. Beltway in protest of COVID-19 restrictions.

The Texas senator, fully vaccinated, rode in "People's Convoy" co-organizer Mike Landis's truck from Hagerstown, Maryland, before stepping out for a press conference in support of the truckers -- many of whom traveled from California in late February.

Cruz thanked the truckers while standing alongside Landis and another co-organizer, Brian Brase.

The "People's Convoy" met with Cruz and Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., on Tuesday for a roundtable discussion at the Capitol and later with Republican members of the House Transportation Committee.

The truckers said they would continue their protest until they had sat down with more members of Congress and had their demands met. Those demands include rolling back the national state of emergency designation as well as any existing vaccine mandates. The truckers are also calling for congressional hearings on the origins of the pandemic along with an investigation into state and federal COVID responses.

Across the country, however, most COVID restrictions have already been lifted. Some states, like Florida, have maintained lax COVID mandates throughout the pandemic....................

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-sen-ted-cruz-joins-peoples-convoy-truckers/story?id=83370349
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my county to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.