Author Topic: NY to limit marijuana permit eligibility to those convicted of pot-related offenses  (Read 202 times)

Online Kamaji

NY to limit marijuana permit eligibility to those convicted of pot-related offenses

By Nolan Hicks
March 9, 2022

Time in the joint, indeed!

New York State officials plan to initially limit eligibility for highly lucrative marijuana dispensary licenses to those previously convicted on pot-related offenses before the drug was legalized, documents show.

Draft regulations likely to be adopted by the Cannabis Control Board at its meeting Thursday would limit eligibility to operators where at least one applicant was convicted — or immediately related to someone swept up before marijuana’s legalization.

“If the applicant is an individual, or an entity with one or more individuals, at least one individual must be justice involved,” the bureaucratese states.

‘Justice involved’ covers anyone convicted of a pot-related charge, “had a parent, legal guardian, child, spouse, or dependent who was convicted,” or “was a dependent of an individual who was convicted of a [marijuana]-related offense,” the draft rules state.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/09/ny-to-limit-marijuana-permit-eligibility-to-those-convicted-of-pot-related-offenses/

Online Kamaji

In other news, concealed carry permits will be limited to those previously convicted of armed robbery.

:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NY to limit marijuana permit eligibility to those convicted of pot-related offenses

By Nolan Hicks
March 9, 2022

Time in the joint, indeed!

New York State officials plan to initially limit eligibility for highly lucrative marijuana dispensary licenses to those previously convicted on pot-related offenses before the drug was legalized, documents show.

Draft regulations likely to be adopted by the Cannabis Control Board at its meeting Thursday would limit eligibility to operators where at least one applicant was convicted — or immediately related to someone swept up before marijuana’s legalization.

“If the applicant is an individual, or an entity with one or more individuals, at least one individual must be justice involved,” the bureaucratese states.

‘Justice involved’ covers anyone convicted of a pot-related charge, “had a parent, legal guardian, child, spouse, or dependent who was convicted,” or “was a dependent of an individual who was convicted of a [marijuana]-related offense,” the draft rules state.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/09/ny-to-limit-marijuana-permit-eligibility-to-those-convicted-of-pot-related-offenses/

@Kamaji

So,the plan is to reward people with criminal records by giving them rare permits to sell one of the drugs they were arrested for selling?

Who is in charge of this program,Hunter Biden?

BTW,my sense of fair play requires me to tell you I smoked pot for the first time around 1959,when I wasn't even a teenager yet,and I would STILL be smoking it today if I didn't have breathing problems unrelated to pot smoking.

Anybody that says smoking pot is dangerous for anyone who doesn't have breathing problems is a clueless fool. Hell,it even HELPS people with some breathing problems.

I AM here to confess it does not make you a better driver,though. It DOES make you a safer driver because you do a lot less damage when you run into something while driving 10 mph.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

@Kamaji

So,the plan is to reward people with criminal records by giving them rare permits to sell one of the drugs they were arrested for selling?

Who is in charge of this program,Hunter Biden?

BTW,my sense of fair play requires me to tell you I smoked pot for the first time around 1959,when I wasn't even a teenager yet,and I would STILL be smoking it today if I didn't have breathing problems unrelated to pot smoking.

Anybody that says smoking pot is dangerous for anyone who doesn't have breathing problems is a clueless fool. Hell,it even HELPS people with some breathing problems.

I AM here to confess it does not make you a better driver,though. It DOES make you a safer driver because you do a lot less damage when you run into something while driving 10 mph.

@sneakypete

Pretty nuts, huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Pretty nuts, huh?

@Kamaji

Kinda makes me suspicious that Hunter Biden and various Kennedy's are planning on opening multi-state franchises.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Furgheddaboutit... it's New York.
As with the [now almost foreign] nation of California, things will only get worse there.