Author Topic: Exclusive — Jim Jordan on Prospect of Nominating McCarthy for Speaker: ‘I’d Be Happy To’  (Read 158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — Jim Jordan on Prospect of Nominating McCarthy for Speaker: ‘I’d Be Happy To’

Ashley Oliver 2 Mar 2022

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) would be willing to be the one to nominate GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) for speaker should House Republicans take back the majority in the midterms this year.

Jordan made the revelation to Breitbart News in an interview during a House Republican Conference media event on Tuesday, saying he would be “happy to” nominate McCarthy if McCarthy were to ask him to.

“I think Kevin’s done a great job. I think he’s going to be the speaker,” Jordan said. “He’s done a great job of keeping us together. You know, I don’t get into hypotheticals. If he asked me, I’d be happy to do it, but no one’s asked me, so we’ll see how all that plays out.”

McCarthy is currently the frontrunning candidate to become speaker should the GOP win the majority in nine months, though a few potential incoming candidates and pundits have expressed reservations, per reports from Business Insider and the New York Times.

McCarthy, for his part, has embraced his leadership trajectory. He used his “magic minute” to speak for nearly nine hours on the House floor in November against President Joe Biden’s agenda-defining Build Back Better legislation and made a slew of vows to Breitbart News in interviews in December, such as promising not to entertain amnesty legislation and promising to strip certain controversial Democrat congressmembers of their committee positions should he be the one serving as speaker.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/02/jim-jordan-prospect-nominating-mccarthy-speaker/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Time to change my registered affiliation to independent.

Offline Longiron

Time to change my registered affiliation to independent.

Just a matter of time till Jim Jordan showed he is part of the RINO UNIPARTY. His role 'Controlled Opposition". The deal he made involved his re districting of his area in OHIO. 8888crybaby

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The GOP is getting ahead of themselves.  Win the elections, first, then fantasize about coronating His Royal Heinous, Speaker McCarthy.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

By the time all the RINO's are exposed, there won't be many Congressmen left.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.