Author Topic: University of Michigan Professor Claims ‘Islamophobia’ Bigger Threat Than Islamic Terrorism  (Read 161 times)

rangerrebew

University of Michigan Professor Claims ‘Islamophobia’ Bigger Threat Than Islamic Terrorism

Feb 8, 2022 6:00 pm By Robert Spencer 12 Comments

My latest in PJ Media:

Juan Cole, a professor at the University of Michigan, proved once again Thursday something that everyone who has been paying attention knows by now: you don’t go to an American university to get an education but to be indoctrinated into Leftist dogma and recruited for Antifa. Cole, who has written a hagiographical and whitewashed biography of Muhammad and is a Leftist go-to authority on Islamic issues, published an article in Foreign Policy In Focus entitled “Islam Wasn’t the Threat — Islamophobia Was.” If this sounds like nonsense, that’s only because it is, but that’s what sells on the Left these days.

Concern for Islamic terrorism, in Cole’s view, has been greatly exaggerated, in part for “racist” reasons (of course), while the rampant terror threat of “white supremacy” has been downplayed or ignored outright. Those who have suffered the most from this lack of focus, he insists, have been Muslims in America, who have borne the brunt of “Islamophobia” in America’s misguided quest to protect itself from a largely nonexistent threat of jihad terrorism.

All this is designed to inculcate the hatred and contempt for the United States that the Left is working to instill everywhere these days, and of course, Cole’s chief targets are conservatives. He begins his ridiculous piece by whining that “Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson excused one of the leaders of the extremist Oath Keepers organization implicated in the January 6th insurrection by describing him as ‘a devout Christian.’ It’s safe to surmise that he wouldn’t have offered a similar defense for a Muslim American.” Aside from denigrating Tucker Carlson, Cole’s point here is that the Jan. 6 “insurrection” was a manifestation of “Christian terrorism,” equivalent to the Islamic terrorism we saw on 9/11.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2022/02/university-of-michigan-professor-claims-islamophobia-bigger-threat-than-islamic-terrorism

Offline rustynail

That could be a good thing.

rangerrebew

I wonder if he came up with this "powerful" belief during hash bash at the university? pointing-up

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Let me know when some Islamophobes fly planes into sky scrapers and kill children with pressure cooker bombs.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 05:03:13 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Let me know when some Islamophobes fly planes into sky scrapers and kill children with pressure cooker bombs.

Exactly.

rangerrebew

It wouldn't surprise me if this lunatic would say it was Islamophobes who did it to make terrorists look evil. :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Is there some sort of "Logic Test" you have to fail in order to become a tenured professor?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!