Author Topic: Capitol Police leadership 'betrayed' officers on Jan. 6, union official says  (Read 229 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Capitol Police leadership 'betrayed' officers on Jan. 6, union official says
By Mychael Schnell - 02/08/22 04:48 PM EST

A top officers' union official says U.S. Capitol Police leadership “betrayed” its force on Jan. 6, 2021, when they defended the building from a mob of Trump supporters seeking to overturn the 2020 election.

Jim Pasco — the executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police, a union that includes U.S. Capitol Police officers — told Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast that officers dispatched to defend the Capitol that day were not prepared when it came to equipment or information needed manage the “overwhelming and totally hostile force” they were met with.

“Those officers out there were betrayed on a number of levels,” Pasco said.

“They were betrayed by their leadership on that day, because they were sent out ... unprepared and unknowing of the level of force and weren’t prepared in terms of the equipment that they went out with and the strategies that they employed to deal with the overwhelming and totally hostile force that addressed them,” he added, Yahoo reported Tuesday.

The Hill has reached out to the Capitol Police for comment.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/593367-capitol-police-leadership-betrayed-officers-on-jan-6-union-official
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sounds about right to me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
the overwhelming and totally hostile force that addressed them,

Really, then push to release all the video from the 6th to substantiate you accusation.

Offline Kamaji

the overwhelming and totally hostile force that addressed them,

Really, then push to release all the video from the 6th to substantiate you accusation.

Exactly!!