Author Topic: Biden Climate, Energy Policies’ Costs: High and Rising  (Read 108 times)

rangerrebew

Biden Climate, Energy Policies’ Costs: High and Rising
« on: February 05, 2022, 04:32:41 pm »
February 3, 2022
By H. Sterling Burnett

Climate Change Weekly #424
 In Climate Change Weekly 419, I detailed some of the policies Joe Biden has imposed as president that have contributed to higher energy prices and the inflation affecting other goods and services now plaguing average American households.

“[Climate change is] the number one issue facing humanity. And it’s the number one issue for me,” said Biden.

Among the steps Biden has taken to fight climate change: he cancelled the Keystone XL pipeline partnership with Canada, on his first day in office, possibly the first time in history a president used his first day in office to kill thousands of American jobs and disrupt critical infrastructure; shortly thereafter, Biden imposed a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands and on the U.S. outer-continental shelf. Since then, Biden has cancelled oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; proposed methane emission restrictions that would make it harder and more expensive to develop, store, and transport oil and natural gas in the United States; proposed increasing the fees and royalty rate oil and gas producers must pay the federal government; and recently announced plans to foreclose drilling on more than half of the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska.

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/biden-climate-energy-policies-costs-high-and-rising

Offline Idiot

Re: Biden Climate, Energy Policies’ Costs: High and Rising
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 04:52:02 pm »
February 3, 2022
By H. Sterling Burnett

Climate Change Weekly #424
 In Climate Change Weekly 419, I detailed some of the policies Joe Biden has imposed as president that have contributed to higher energy prices and the inflation affecting other goods and services now plaguing average American households.

“[Climate change is] the number one issue facing humanity. And it’s the number one issue for me,” said Biden.

Among the steps Biden has taken to fight climate change: he cancelled the Keystone XL pipeline partnership with Canada, on his first day in office, possibly the first time in history a president used his first day in office to kill thousands of American jobs and disrupt critical infrastructure; shortly thereafter, Biden imposed a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands and on the U.S. outer-continental shelf. Since then, Biden has cancelled oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; proposed methane emission restrictions that would make it harder and more expensive to develop, store, and transport oil and natural gas in the United States; proposed increasing the fees and royalty rate oil and gas producers must pay the federal government; and recently announced plans to foreclose drilling on more than half of the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska.

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/biden-climate-energy-policies-costs-high-and-rising
I can't imagine why oil is approaching $100 a barrel.  He's determined to push us into a depression.