Author Topic: 'Peter Dinklage just put seven of us out of a job!' Dwarf actors' fury at Disney for canceling seven  (Read 594 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: 'Peter Dinklage just put seven of us out of a job!' Dwarf actors' fury at Disney for canceling seven dwarves from Snow White remake because the woke multimillionaire Game of Thrones star said they were offensive

Dwarf actors Dylan Postl, Jeff Brooks and Katrina Kemp told DailyMail.com it was the wrong move for Disney to cancel the roles of the seven dwarves in its Snow White remake
    The movie studio said it was 'rethinking' them after Peter Dinklage called the story and roles 'backwards'
    Dinklage made $1.2million per episode of Game of Thrones - some actors are calling him 'selfish' for his comments on the Snow White movie
    Postl was the leprechaun on WWE for 10 years and was in The Muppets - said he is begging Disney for the role
    'Peter Dinklage may be the biggest dwarf actor of all time but it doesn't make him King Dwarf', Postl said
    Kemp, who was in GLOW on Netflix, said the issue is far more complex than Disney is allowing it to be
    She said writing characters out of the remake entirely does more damage than casting anyone in them
    Jeff Brooks, 62, said he has never been offended by the story throughout his 30-year career as an actor 

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:13 EST, 28 January 2022 | Updated: 15:58 EST, 28 January 2022

Dwarf actors have reacted furiously to Disney canceling the seven dwarves from its Snow White remake after Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage called them offensive, saying the decision robs them of work and the chance to fulfil what for some is a dream role.

Speaking to DailyMail.com after Disney's decision to 'rethink' the characters, multiple actors and agents said there are plenty who would have happily accepted the jobs that Dinklage - a Golden Globe winner who was paid $1.2million per episode of Game of Thrones - said were 'backwards'.   

The actors say Dinklage is not the authority on what the community as a whole finds offensive and that in canceling the roles, Disney has done far more damage to them than good.

Some are now begging Disney to bring the parts back and are begging for the chance to audition for them.

'It makes me so sick to my stomach to think that there are seven roles for dwarfs that can't get normal acting roles, or very few and far between roles, and now they are gone because of this guy.

'Peter Dinklage is the biggest dwarf actor probably of all time but it doesn't make him king dwarf,' Dylan Postl, who played Hornswoggle the leprechaun in WWE for 10 years and has also acted in The Muppets, told DailyMail.com.

'When he was cast as a little person role in Lord of the Rings or in a Game of Thrones or in Elf or this that or the other thing... those checks cashed just fine.

'He had no issue then. But now he wants to be progressive? Come on man.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10449549/Dwarf-actors-slam-Peter-Dinklage-canceling-seven-dwarves.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
At 1st I thought this was from the guy's at the Bee!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think these guys should think about visiting Peter and bring their picket signs.

After all, at least a short protest is in order.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think these guys should think about visiting Peter and bring their picket signs.

After all, at least a short protest is in order.
Gandalf can likely round up a few that can do a lot more damage than that. Thorin can even call up his cousin Dain from the Iron Hills, who can argue reasonably well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why do millionaires and billionaires support massive government regulations and heavy taxes? For the same reason Dinklage wants to stop hiring for little people. Once a person climbs to the top, they all kick the ladder behind them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why do millionaires and billionaires support massive government regulations and heavy taxes? For the same reason Dinklage wants to stop hiring for little people. Once a person climbs to the top, they all kick the ladder behind them.
That is the reason George Washington will always be the greatest of the great.

He defeated the top army in the world and chose not to become king, instead retiring with grace to permit others to try their own hand at becoming great.

All for the good of the country.  A singularly humble leader we will forever cherish.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That is the reason George Washington will always be the greatest of the great.

He defeated the top army in the world and chose not to become king, instead retiring with grace to permit others to try their own hand at becoming great.

All for the good of the country.  A singularly humble leader we will forever cherish.
Yes. A truly great man.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org