Author Topic: Liz Cheney ally says primary challenge by Trump-backed candidate will be the 'bloodiest' race in Wyo  (Read 1014 times)

Offline libertybele

Liz Cheney ally says primary challenge by Trump-backed candidate will be the 'bloodiest' race in Wyoming history

An ally to Republican Rep. Liz Cheney said that her primary fight against a challenger backed by former President Donald Trump will be the "bloodiest" race in Wyoming history.

The comments were made by Wyoming state Rep. Landon Brown (R) in reference to Cheney's controversial presence on the congressional committee investigating the rioting at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. 2021.

“I certainly think that’s gonna hurt her, especially here in Wyoming where you've got an extremely conservative base,” said Brown.

“I think this will probably be the bloodiest race in Wyoming's history," he added.

The Jan. 6 committee has been aggressively seeking documents and testimony from dozens of former Trump administration members and others associated with the former president. They sought and obtained phone records from Eric Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle, fiancée to Donald Trump Jr., while also calling on Ivanka Trump to voluntarily testify before the committee on Thursday.

Cheney has been a vocal and outspoken critic of Trump, who responded by backing attorney Harriet Hageman's campaign to seize the Republican nomination from Cheney.

Former Campbell County Commissioner Mark Christensen agreed that the primary election would likely be a bitter fight.

“I think that the race itself will be really ugly,” said Christensen. “I would say probably in the next month or two we're going to see things get much more aggressive out here.”............................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/wyoming-cheney-primary-bloodiest-challenge
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Let the bloodbath begin!   :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fine with me, as long as it's only one side that does the 'bleeding'.

I don't really care what she thinks of Trump, it is her disdain for the Constitution and siding with the Democrats over 1/6 that really exposes her. What could have been an investigation is a witch hunt, asking all the wrong questions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Hope she gets her a$$ kicked

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Drop a house on her. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Fine with me, as long as it's only one side that does the 'bleeding'.

I don't really care what she thinks of Trump, it is her disdain for the Constitution and siding with the Democrats over 1/6 that really exposes her. What could have been an investigation is a witch hunt, asking all the wrong questions.

That's right...

Cheney is a big name in WY. But considering that the early party polling is what, 6 to 1 against her.... That's the activists and fat cats, county on up... Sounds like talking smack without a pot to p*ss in nor a window to throw it out of...

And if that holds, suits me fine. I really doubt that the rank and file average Wyoming redneck is going to put up with her long. She ain't gonna get it from a popular movement... grassroots are likely against her.

That means she needs the bigwigs and the fat cats (which also seem against her)
which leaves DNC WY and Soros, pretty much. And that dog won't hunt. Not in Wyoming.

Offline roamer_1

Drop a house on her.

... At least two stories. An apartment building would be better...

Offline dfwgator

Let the bloodbath begin!   :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

Let the Bodies hit the floor!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Drop a house on her.
Did she have a sister in Munchkinland?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
She's insane, there's no way her daddy could get that many Wyomingites to go hunting with him.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Did she have a sister in Munchkinland?
I bet he thinks it just the right thing to do, even if there are no ruby slippers to claim
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Liz Cheney Loses Wyoming Straw Poll to Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman
Jacob Bliss
23 Jan 2022

Wyoming Republican Harriet Hageman, endorsed by former President Donald Trump, showed a commanding lead against the Democrat-allied Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) in a Saturday straw poll full of House candidates held by the Wyoming Republican State Central Committee.

A secret ballot straw poll of Republican party activists gave Hageman 59 votes, a 53 vote lead against Cheney, according to the Casper Star-Tribune. Cheney garnered only six votes, along with state Sen. Anthony Bouchard (R-Cheyenne), who received two votes, and Denton Knapp, who received one vote. ... Breitbart
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I bet he thinks it just the right thing to do, even if there are no ruby slippers to claim

With Liz she'd be wearing her mothers muddy combat boots.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It will be bloody, but most of the blood will be shed by Liz Cheney.  The polls do not look good for her.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It will be bloody, but most of the blood will be shed by Liz Cheney.  The polls do not look good for her.

But they are meaningless as they are not polling the Democrats in the college towns who will ALL cross over and vote for Liz in the primary.

Will that be enough to drag her sorry ass across the finish line in Wyoming?  Who knows?
  :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 03:04:41 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien