Author Topic: Pennsylvania parents outraged after school employee tapes mask to child's face  (Read 549 times)

Offline Hoodat

Pennsylvania parents outraged after school employee tapes mask to child's face

Tyler O'Neil | 19 Jan 2022

Parents in a Pennsylvania school district have expressed outrage after a photo of a school employee using tape to affix a mask to a child's face went viral online. The school district has confirmed that the photo is genuine.

"Pro-mask or anti-mask, I hope we can all agree that taping masks to children’s faces crosses the LINE," the Facebook group North Penn Stronger Together posted online Monday with the photo. "This was not a joke for the child or the parents."

The North Penn School District confirmed that the picture is genuine.

"An image taken in one of our classrooms last week and circulating on social media does not represent the universal values that the North Penn School District strives to instill in both our students and staff," the school district admitted in a statement Wednesday. "After an immediate investigation, it was determined that while the incident was isolated and no malice was intended, the actions of the teacher were entirely inappropriate and unacceptable, no matter the context."  .  .  .

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-parents-outraged-after-school-employee-tapes-mask-to-childs-face

The correct term here is 'child abuse'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

That was an assault and the “teacher” involved should be prosecuted for it.

Online mountaineer

the incident was isolated and no malice was intended, the actions of the teacher were entirely inappropriate and unacceptable, no matter the context
"Malice" has nothing to do with the crime of assault. Criminal charges must be filed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

"Malice" has nothing to do with the crime of assault. Criminal charges must be filed.

:thumbsup:

Online rustynail

This sounds like a job for a $$$Tort Lawyer$$$.

Online mountaineer

This sounds like a job for a $$$Tort Lawyer$$$.
If I were this child's parent and saw the local authorities doing nothing about the teacher, I'd go to the police station and swear out a complaint for assault, endangering the welfare of a child, and whatever other laws were violated. My next stop would be the office of a personal injury lawyer, to get a civil suit filed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lawyers are fine and all but this person needs some schoolyard justice, after which they should be told that there was no malice involved, simply a lesson that you you don't put assault someone's child.