Author Topic: Bidenflation: Consumer Prices Surge 7%, Worst Since 1982  (Read 230 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bidenflation: Consumer Prices Surge 7%, Worst Since 1982
« on: January 12, 2022, 02:21:28 pm »
Bidenflation: Consumer Prices Surge 7%, Worst Since 1982

John Carney 12 Jan 2022

U.S. inflation rose to the highest level in nearly forty years in December, underscoring the high and rising inflation that has been the hallmark of the first year of Joe Biden’s presidency.

The Labor Department said the Consumer Price Index—which tracks what consumers pay for goods and services—rose by seven percent from a year ago. That was the fastest 12-month pace since 1982 and the seventh straight month of inflation above 5 percent. In November, CPI was up 6.9 percent.

What’s known as core CPI–which excludes the often-volatile categories of food and energy–increased 5.5 percent in December from a year earlier, a faster pace of price hikes than November’s 4.9 percent.

Compared with a month earlier, prices rose 0.5 percent. Core prices were up 0.6 percent.

Analysts had forecast year-over-year inflation at 7.1 percent, with core inflation at 5.4 percent. On a monthly basis, analysts were expecting prices to move up 0.4 percent and core prices to rise 0.5 percent.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/01/12/consumer-prices-rise/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Bidenflation: Consumer Prices Surge 7%, Worst Since 1982
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 02:32:14 pm »
It's going to get a lot worse before it starts to get better.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 03:03:31 pm »
Hate to be a broken record, but this 7% CPI increase is a blatant outright LIE!!!!

True inflation number is probably closer to 12-15%.  I prepare a very precise, detailed and comprehensive budget every January 1st. 

My budgetary number went up 14.08%. I know I am just one example, but no doubt Biden is blowing this out of his ass.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 04:59:25 pm »
‘Building Back Broke’: Joe Biden Hammered for 40-Year-High Inflation Report

Wendell Husebø 12 Jan 2022

President Joe Biden was hammered for December’s 40-year-high inflation report by members of the establishment media; Washington, DC, insiders; and lawmakers.

As Biden promised to restore the economy from the Chinese coronavirus pandemic, the economy has instead been inflicted with inflation not seen since 1982.

“That was the fastest 12-month pace since 1982 and the seventh straight month of inflation above 5 percent. In November, CPI was up 6.9 percent,” Breitbart News’ John Carney detailed.

Others gave their reactions, slamming the president for the inflation hike, which amounts to a hidden tax increase on American workers.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/01/12/building-back-broke-biden-hammered-40-year-high-inflation-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 02:12:31 pm »

:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 02:14:19 pm »
The last time inflation was this high, there were only two Star Wars movies.
Countdown to Resignation