Author Topic: ATL: Former aide to now-Mayor Andre Dickens arrested for terroristic threats, police say  (Read 332 times)

Online mountaineer

Former aide to now-Mayor Andre Dickens arrested for terroristic threats, police say
FOX 5 Atlanta Digital Team
Published 17 hours ago
Updated 14 hours ago
ATLANTA - A former aide to now-Atlanta Mayor Andre Dickens faces criminal charges.

Atlanta police confirm they arrested 42-year-old Ali Amin Carter Wednesday on an American Airlines jet at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Carter previously worked for Dickens when he was a member of the Atlanta City Council, a city spokesperson said.

The Atlanta Police Department said officers arrested Carter on a Douglas County warrant for terroristic threats related to a September 2020 incident. Carter's ex-wife told police he threatened to harm her boyfriend for disciplining their child.

According to the Villa Rica Police Department, Carter made threats to shoot his wife's boyfriend during a phone call. Carter allegedly said he will use his AR-15 if the boyfriend touches his child again. The phone call was recorded, police said.  ...

Police released body camera video of Carter's arrest.

Carter: "Do you know who I am?"

Officer: "Yeah, Ali."

Carter: "Do you know my job?"

Officer: "No."

Carter: "[unintelligible] … I'm chief of staff to Andre Dickens."

Officer: "OK, well you still have a warrant for your arrest. What are we supposed to do?" ...

So he falsely claimed to still work for the mayor, when by the time of his arrest, he didn't.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Democrats, of course.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What do you call a bla k male Karen?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Remember, kiddies, Democrats always accuse others of what they, themselves do.

It's a form of projection, and though I'm no shrink, I'd bet they do it to justify "getting even" because, in their minds (and often nowhere else) "the other guys are doing it".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Carter: "Do you know who I am?"

It went downhill from there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

:silly:

It usually does.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I want to speak to your supervisor....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.