Author Topic: ‘I Know Nothing’: George W. Bush Admitted Ignorance of Foreign Affairs Before Taking Office  (Read 99 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I Know Nothing’: George W. Bush Admitted Ignorance of Foreign Affairs Before Taking Office

Simon Kent 30 Dec 2021

George W. Bush admitted to a less than stellar understanding of foreign affairs when he first encountered Britain’s ambassador to the U.S. in 1998. The pair came together ahead of Bush announcing his run for the presidency.

The rare moment of personal insight arrived when Sir Christopher Meyer traveled to meet the then Texas governor, according to newly released files from the UK National Archives as seen by the Daily Mail.

Bush was reportedly candid in admitting his ignorance of international relations despite his own father having been president from 1989 to 1993.

“Bush admitted that, apart from Mexico, he did not know much about international affairs and that he would do well to broaden his experience,” Sir Christopher wrote in his own notes now held in the archives. “His world view – as he is well aware – is largely limited to the Texan and Mexican horizons.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/30/i-know-nothing-george-w-bush-admitted-ignorance-of-foreign-affairs-before-taking-office/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Could have been worse, at least Bush new he was ignorant and need to learn. The worse, Biden thinks he is a foreign affairs genius but is incredibly ignorant.