Yes, Unless Trump Runs
0 (0%)
Yes, Screw Trump
7 (58.3%)
I need to get a new BONG
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: January 23, 2022, 01:52:04 am

Author Topic: Trump’s intentions aside, Sen. Ted Cruz says he’s next in line to secure the 2024 GOP presidential n  (Read 496 times)

Online libertybele

I'm truly surprised!

Trump’s intentions aside, Sen. Ted Cruz says he’s next in line to secure the 2024 GOP presidential nomination

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) is expressing optimism about his odds of securing the 2024 Republican presidential nomination even as former president Donald Trump hints that he might run again.

In an interview with the Truth Gazette, a conservative outlet run by 15-year-old Brilyn Hollyhand, Cruz said he would “absolutely” consider a run for the White House in 2024. In fact, Cruz said he thinks it is very likely that Republican voters will give him the nomination.

Noting that he ended up “placing second” during the 2016 GOP primaries, Cruz said there is a historical precedent for runner-up candidates like him to get the nod the next time they jump into the presidential race.

“There’s a reason historically that the runner-up is almost always the next nominee,” Cruz said. “That’s been true going back to Nixon or Reagan, or McCain or Romney. That’s played out repeatedly.”

Republicans who come in second in the party’s primaries, Cruz said, jump into the next race “with just an enormous base of support.” He also noted that, in 2016, his campaign raised “over $92 million.”

“That’s the most money any Republican has ever raised in the history of presidential elections,” he told Hollyhand................

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/12/22/cruz-trump-2024-nomination/
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline Killer Clouds

Sorry Ted. Forget it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Got to agree with Killer C.

Ted Cruz isn't going to become president.

Online libertybele

Got to agree with Killer C.

Ted Cruz isn't going to become president.

...and if Trump should decide he's not running or become unable to run??
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

Offline Kamaji

Folks, I know - from having read the forum for a while now - that there are, shall we say, very held opinions regarding Cruz, pro and con - but can we at least agree to not make the primaries and the nomination a circular firing squad?  Can we agree that, if Trump becomes the nominee, we all get behind him, and that if, conversely, Cruz becomes the nominee, we all get behind him, and if some other as-yet-unknown becomes the nominee, we all get behind him or her?

Online libertybele

Folks, I know - from having read the forum for a while now - that there are, shall we say, very held opinions regarding Cruz, pro and con - but can we at least agree to not make the primaries and the nomination a circular firing squad?  Can we agree that, if Trump becomes the nominee, we all get behind him, and that if, conversely, Cruz becomes the nominee, we all get behind him, and if some other as-yet-unknown becomes the nominee, we all get behind him or her?

Primaries are fair game - the most conservative candidate will get my vote and if they've proven to be a RINO, no, they will NOT get my vote period.  I'm no longer playing that game.

Offline Killer Clouds

Either way we will all have to see who will be running in 2024. There's a lot that can happen between now and then. All I know for sure is I will not vote for any Democrat Communist Party disciples.

Online corbe

I would go completely underground (off the radar, so to speak) before I would ever VOTE for Donald Trump. 

My question, at the point, is who would make a better President or VP, providing both go for it, Ron DeSantis or Ted Cruz?  Providing both bring interesting things to the GOP Ticket, Governing successfully at Large State Level and Conservative Jurisprudence.

*Trump better get off the track, he's about to be RUN OVER.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 01:41:33 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I added a POLL.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Killer Clouds

I would go completely underground (off the radar, so to speak) before I would ever VOTE for Donald Trump. 

My question, at the point, is who would make a better President or VP, providing both go for it, Ron DeSantis or Ted Cruz?  Providing both bring interesting things to the GOP Ticket, Governing successfully at Large State Level and Conservative Jurisprudence.

*Trump better get off the track, he's about to be RUN OVER.
So you would rather vote for communism than vote for Trump. Got it.👍

Online corbe

I live in RED Texas @Killer Clouds    My non vote for McStain, Romney or Trump didn't matter much anyway. 

Online libertybele

I would love to see Cruz run again, EVEN IF Trump were to run.   However, I still think the two of them together would form an extraordinarily powerful and unbeatable team.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 02:11:48 am by libertybele »

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
I would love to see Cruz run again, EVEN IF Trump were to run.   However, I still think the two of them together would form an extraordinarily powerful and unbeatable team.

Agree 

If you squint very hard you'll see the Constitution

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sorry Ted. Forget it.

@Killer Clouds

IMNSHO,Teddy Boy doesn't have the stones. This is just a fund-raising ploy. He's baiting the anti-Trump crowd for campaign cash.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Cruz will cave like the little bitch he is,and run for cover.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

That is a big "YES!" from me,as long as the candidate isn't one of the RINO ususal suspects. I see zero practical differences between them and most of the Dims.

Online corbe

This article is based on this 11-minute interview with Sen. Cruz.

https://youtu.be/AAPAEiRby2A