Author Topic: Boston Mayor Michelle Wu announces vaccine mandate for restaurants, gyms, sports venues  (Read 368 times)

Offline mountaineer

Boston Mayor Michelle Wu announces vaccine mandate for restaurants, gyms, sports venues
New rule also require vax for city employees
By Erin Tiernan | etiernan@bostonherald.com | Boston Herald
PUBLISHED: December 20, 2021 at 10:23 a.m. | UPDATED: December 20, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.

Proof of vaccine will be required in Boston to enter restaurants, gyms, theaters and sports venues under a new set of policies announced by Mayor Michelle Wu during a raucous press conference inside City Hall that rung with chants and whistles of protesters in the lobby.

“Vaccination is the most powerful tool we have to fight this pandemic,” said Wu Monday, announcing the city’s new rules.

As Wu and city officials spoke Monday, protesters chanted and sang the Star Spangled Banner. Among the protesters was Republican candidate for governor, Geoff Diehl. ...

In addition, all city workers will be required to get the vaccine if they want to keep their jobs, with one dose by January 15 and two doses by February 15. The new requirements for city workers eliminate an option for weekly testing.

The proof of vaccine for entrance to city businesses and venues is due to start January 15 with a requirement to show proof of at least one dose, and February 15 to show two doses. ...
More at Boston Herald
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

This is so annoying. We gave up an all-expense-paid trip to NYC last week because of the mandates, and now it looks like we'll have to forego visiting one of our favorite cities. Congratulations to idiot Marxist mayors like DeBlasio and Wu for destroying the hospitality industries in their cities.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Establishments that want to stay in business won't self-enforce it.  If City Inspectational Services tries to enforce it, the local small business owners will revolt.

If the establishments go out of business, the city and state loose meals tax revenue.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

No, as "the science" proves, the most powerful weapon we have to fight this disease is natural immunity.  Vaccination is, at this point, just a second-best stop-gap measure that should primarily help those who are most at risk from suffering the worst consequences of covid-19, in order to get them through the infection and into the area of natural immunity.

Offline mountaineer

No, as "the science" proves, the most powerful weapon we have to fight this disease is natural immunity. 
The sad thing is that Boston is chock-full of outstanding medical facilities. Do they also ignore the science? They seem to be doing just that. What the heck is happening, when actual medical doctors sacrifice truth for politics?

Online DefiantMassRINO

Michelle Wu is an Elizabeth Warren protoge elected by liberal, college-educated professionals and minorities.

Wu's opponent was a more traditional candiate backed by unions.

Who knows?  Maybe Michelle Wu will be Boston's David Dinkins or Bill de Blasio.

It's one thing to campaign on promises of free everything.  It's another thing to govern and deliver on those promises.

My guess is that Boston will backslide into failed policies of the 1970s, like rent control, in addition to the modern lunacy of creating bike lanes on narrow, busy city streets.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:10:56 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online rustynail

The sad thing is that Boston is chock-full of outstanding medical facilities. Do they also ignore the science? They seem to be doing just that. What the heck is happening, when actual medical doctors sacrifice truth for politics?

The Revolution.

Online DefiantMassRINO

The mandate might not have the intended effect.  People who already frequent restaurants, gyms, and sports venues are most likely already vaccinated and boosted.

It's the people who cannot afford to go restaurants, gyms, and sports venues that are more likely to be unvaccinated, get hospitalized, and die.

It's all for show.  We're going to experience a Winter surge, despite vaccines and boosters.  Government is desparate to create the false illusion that's it's doing something that can prevent the inevitable.

Liberals believe that Government is the ultimate power in the universe.  There is no problem that Government can't fix.  More government = more solutions.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:47:55 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Online Kamaji

The mandate might not have the intended effect.  People who already frequent restaurants, gyms, and sports venues are most likely already vaccinated and boosted.

It's the people who cannot afford to go restaurants, gyms, and sports venues that are more likely to be unvaccinated, get hospitalized, and die.

It's all for show.  We're going to experience a Winter surge, despite vaccines and boosters.  Government is desparate to create the false illusion that's it's doing something that can prevent the inevitable.

Liberals believe that Government is the ultimate power in the universe.  There is no problem that Government can't fix.  More government = more solutions.

Also, considering that vaccination rates differ by race - correlation in my view, not causation - these sorts of mandates simply end up cutting more blacks and hispanics out of activities than they do whites or asians.  Under the rubric of "systemic racism", that makes mandates like these racist.